“Good seafood, great drinks!!”
Review of Firefish Grill

Firefish Grill
Ranked #33 of 380 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Add some fire to your next dining experience at the FireFish Grill, where we specialize in fresh seafood, steaks & homemade pasta dishes! At FireFish Grill, our specialty is quality. We are committed to serving fresh, high quality ingredients everyday. We offer a variety of California-style cuisine. We feature a mesquite wood burning grill in our new exhibition kitchen. When it comes to refreshment, we offer a full bar, specialty drinks, and an impressive beer and wine list. The heart and soul of our restaurant are the local residents of our community. We go to great measures to honor the bond with our locals by offering the most, delicious and affordable menu of specials for locals in all of Santa Cruz County.Our Locals Specials include some of the finest fresh seafood dishes imaginable, plus our awesome brined pork shop, and our signature Mile-High Meatloaf. At FireFish Grill, not only will you taste delicious food, you'll also experience fabulous ocean views from every seat in the house.
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

For my birthday, my friends and I found the Fire Fish and Grill as we walked along the wharf. The restaurant is situated towards the middle of the wharf and it has a great view of the ocean and the beach.

The menu is typical seafood cuisine. I ordered their clam chowder which was good but I have had better. The portion was a good size for the price so that made it better. Another friend got salmon and potatoes which were also pretty good.

Now because it was my birthday, my friends and I ordered the Blue Hawaiian, a drink that comes in a massive cup, almost like a fish bowl. Needless to say it was definitely tasty but it did set us back around $25 (good to get for a whole group so you can split the cost).

Our waiter was friendly and the rest of the staff were very accommodating. Their hostess even gave us tips on where we should go out for the night as we were from out of town.

Overall, it's definitely worth checking out. The atmosphere is laid back and on that particularly night we saw all different type of diners from couples, to families, to groups of friends.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Wait time 10 min to be seated. (9 out 10)
* this day
Food wait time. (10 out10) came quickly. My food, came out great! * DAD
Kids like their grill cheese, Wife gave her chicken sandwich (8 out 10).
I had lobster tail w/Newyork steak bake potatoe and veg. (8 out 10).
Waiter Bryan, was pleasant and on top of things. Good guy. (8.5 out 10)
Place was nice with a great view should you get a table near the window.
Definetely will go back!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The menu seemed kind of dated. The staff was kind of young and uninterested, but the view of steamer lane was great and the food was O.K.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Another family restaurant tradition, Fire Fish is a attractive, modern version of a wharfside restaurant. The kitchen is more like a performance stage than a workispace...it's fun to watch the team at work, and the sparks from the grill are like fireworks!

The views of the bay are terrific, and this is quite the place for a romantic dinner...with the sun setting, surfers playing, birds, otters and seal lions all around. Yes, it's an experience.

The fish is fresh and the possibilities are almost limitless as to how you'd like it prepared. My brother ordered channel bass, and had it broiled, with butter. Seafood Rockefeller arrived at the table...it was fluffy and nicely plated, sporting fish, shellfish and scallops baked with a Rockefeller spinach and bacon filling, topped with Hollandaise sauce, served with rice pilaf.

I had my favorite- Cioppino (okay, so I'm in a rut? It's a love story in a bowl.) They offer several soups each day, including good chowder...my nephew loves it served in a bread bowl. My brother ordered the Seared Ahi encrusted in crushed pecans, and mom enjoyed the Seafood Pasta. Another favorite was the Caesar Salad (yes, with anchovies) served with shrimp. There are sophisticated entrees, and offerings for a light, fast meal, too.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

been here several times & every time the service is horrible & the food is cold. I get that restaurants have off nights but four separate evenings at four different time of the year only shows me their consistency of not being good. If you want a "Cool" place to eat on the wharf then this is your place, but if you want a great place to eat, then go somewhere else. We waited for 15-20 minutes before our drink order was taken & even longer for our food order. Then once our food arrived my meal was cold & tiered from sitting somewhere every time. Our wait staff always seemed to disappear anytime we needed something or just never checked on us at all, so with that we decided to not come back. Again I can excuse once or even twice but four separate times...no.