“3 words: Ahi Poke Bowl”

Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta, GA
“3 words: Ahi Poke Bowl”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I have been dreaming of their tasty poke bowls since we visited. Their outside dining area is a lovely garden that feels like an oasis in the downtown area. Pleasant vibe, fun drink menu, friendly staff, and dang tasty poke. We found this on Yelp -- it was higher rated on Yelp than it is here on TA. So glad we took a chance on this place -- it was YUM.

• Visited July 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ohana in CA”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

You always approach with a level of pessimism a Hawaiian food spot outside the islands. But Pono's menu was a legit Hawaiian menu, so I had to try. I went for two staples, spam musubi and and the ahi poke bowl. The musubi was as good as I have ever had, and the poke was solid.

Beyond the food, the vibe was mellow, comfortable, and super positive. The staff are very kind, but be prepared, this is a semi-self service place. You order your food at the front and grab a seat. When I was there, there was a great band. Just killer.

All in all, if you find yourself in Santa Cruz, do yourself a huge favor and make your way to Union St, get some seriously ono grub. Great spot.

• Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
“A Great Find”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I went here on a Tuesday night for some dinner. Their poke selection was amazing! This is the place to go for some good Hawaiian fare. The bartender was very attentive, a trait that goes a long way with us. They also happened to have a live band playing and the place was packed with locals. Such a fun and relaxing atmosphere with good, unpretentious people and food. I love going where the locals go.

• Visited February 2013
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Great selection and great food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First time here and wow was I amazed, I shared the BBQ sampler with my kids and we all enjoyed it all. Everything on the menu looked good and we will definitely be coming back again. We enjoyed eating outside in the back patio but they have a nice laid back area inside to eat as well with couches and tables to enjoy eating and visiting.

• Visited May 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Came in for Saimin”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We've been wanting to try their Saimin since we first heard of Pono's opening. I'll have to say we were both disappointed with the chicken teriyaki Saimin which didn't taste at all like any we've had in the Islands. We also tried the shoyu poke which was very good

• Visited May 2013