WINNER WONDERLAND

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Los Angeles, California
“Great Healthy Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This place has healthy and tasty food. A little expensive for what you are getting. If you are vegan, vegetarian or just like clean food you will like this place

Visited August 2012

Santa Cruz, California
“Best Vegan Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had another wonderful meal at Cafe Gratitude. The food there is always fresh and delicious and everything on the menu is vegan! You don't have to hunt for something you can eat and it is all delicious! They have cooked and raw chaices available and the desserts and drinks are out of this world. Eating here you do not have to sacrafice flavor for nutrition, they have it all!

• Visited December 2012
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Very good healthy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you are vegan, this place is the haven on the earth. Raw food, plant base food... Menu is great. Menu also teaches to be grateful to earth mother for satisfying our needs by various means. i had wheat grass base drink, which was great and tasty. My mediterranean treat was abundant as it said on the menu. Salad was brilliant. I found the rest of the food Humus, almond Mozzarella, pesto was interesting, but need to develop taste. I found Pesto unusually salty. Service was brilliant.

• Visited October 2012
SoCal
“Great Veg Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We need more places like this. I had the sandwich with the "coconut bacon". Yes, it did not taste like bacon, and I was not bothered by that one bit. If I wanted to eat bacon I would not be vegetarian. I loved the flavor and texture of the bacon. I asked my waiter about it and she explained it as coconut meat deeped in maple syrup and fried to a crisp. Loved it! It is a little expensive but at least it was not bland, uninteresting vegetarian food. Kudos to the staff, chef and owner. Thanks for making a great vegan/vegetarian haven in Santa Cruz.

• Visited October 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“Raw vegan feast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We (guy and girl, late 20s) just ate dinner at Cafe Gratitude for the first time and are now back home with pleasantly full tummies. It was an all-around good experience. They were closing early tonight (9:30pm, not the usual 10pm); we walked in at 9:15 or so and they were happy to receive us and very patient with us as we slowly perused the many delicious-sounding offerings. We settled on the enchilada plate, sushi plate, potato with vegan cheese side, a spiced carrot shake, and a date-chocolate-vanilla shake (or something like that -- it was called "I'm so luscious"). The two main dishes were served with a very fresh mesclun salad, and the sushi plate also came with some sort of sliced raw cabbage side. The enchilada plate only came with one enchilada (wrapped in a salad leaf), though it was a decent size. The sushi plate came with two fairly substantial rolls. The potato dish was probably the best bang-for-the-buck (although the least interesting, despite the delicious vegan cashew cheese). The shakes were good, although the carrot-spice one was too sweet and not spicy enough.

Overall: great meal, relaxed ambiance, very friendly staff, prompt service, reasonable prices given that raw food tends to be slightly more filling (and no, I'm not particularly biased as I am an omnivore, though I do love raw food). We will be back!

• Visited August 2012