“Clearly NOT the best Chinese food...anywhere!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Shun Feng

Shun Feng
Ranked #112 of 369 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
“Clearly NOT the best Chinese food...anywhere!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This place was simply awful! Four of us ate there and the adults couldn't eat the food! And the younger lady running the restaurant was rude to guests. I don't know what else to say but avoid this place!

• Visited July 2013

“Beyond Terrible!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I ordered the chicken with garlic sauce and it was 100% inedible. I sadly could not take a second bite. I do not recommend this place. Enough said!

• Visited July 2013
Hanford, California
“Chinese with interesting munu options.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Some times Chinese restaurants have boring menus. This one has many interesting options that make you want to start a list of what to try next time. Last time I was there I saw the pork buns at the next table. Wow, I will have to try them next time (delivered in a special box, steaming hot).
I travel to Santa Cruz occasionally but this is one of our favorites.

1 Thank Keith1511
Santa Cruz, CA
“Dependable, Inexpensive Chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Located in a strip mall a few blocks off Rte 1, this friendly, family owned restaurant serves a broad menu of traditional Chinese fare. This is a home town restaurant for us, and we typically eat here every month or so. Many years ago, I fell in love with a dish called Singapore Chow Fun in a little family restaurant around the corner from my home in Chicago, but hadn't seen it since -- until my first visit to Shun Feng. They do a great job with it, and with most other things we've tried. One notable exception -- the breaded fried oysters were just awful, and we sent them back. The breading was very bitter, tasting of baking soda.

Parking is easy and free in the lot out front.

• Visited July 2011