See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

I came santa cruz california for the weekend with my wife and 2 kids. We booked the Salt air lodge
For one night. Check in was fine and room was okay. An hour later we where getting ready for bed wen I noticed a bug on the wall. I went up to it closely and it was a cockroach! I got rid of that one and within minutes I noticed 5 others crawling in the room and bathroom!! I ran to the front desk to let the manager know and at first did not believe me until he went into the room and saw for himself. He called the owner of the property and there was basically nothing he would do to help us out. We told him to call the owner and see If he could ocomadate us at another hotel and that was a no go. So at about 11pm while it was raining outside. My family and I packed our bags and left the hotel. And within 5 minutes we booked a room at the continental that is 4 minutes away that was a perfect stay! SO DO NOT STAY AT THE SALT AIR LODGE UNLESS YOU LOVE COCKROACHE'S AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank ludac007
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2016

Dear guest, we are shocked at your remarks regarding your recent stay with us, and we want to reassure you that your experience is not typical of what our guests receive, and we are taking your comments very seriously. We are sorry that you saw a cockroach. We work with pest control experts regularly to ensure this does not happen. Please know that we have checked all the room thoroughly again.

Hotel Management

Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

Pictures are way nicer than the motel itself. It's a bit grungy but clean. The best part was getting a 2 bedroom room with a baby so we didn't have to whisper in the dark while she slept. It's not awesome but does the trick if all you need is a place for the evening.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KMramor
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel to be told that they had no record of my reservation, even though I had a paper copy which was made through booking.com. At first the man at reception was unhelpful and patronising - but to be fair he did eventually phone booking.com, although I ended up having to sort out alternative accommodation.The hotel blamed booking.com, and booking.com blamed the hotel. I was the customer stuck in the middle. And I wasted a whole afternoon. So if you are booked in at this hotel, it is worth confirming by telephone before you arrive.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Regular motel very close to the board walk. Have a pool but didn't try it. Nice staff and could definitely stay here again! Got TV and free coffee in the morning. Good location, 3 min walk to the board walk. Cheap so u get what we paid for!

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed July 30, 2016

I wish I had not wasted my time booking this hotel. I was checked in by a woman that was pleasant, but while taking my bags to the room I noticed a man following us. I was afraid so I hurried in the room and before I closed the door he asked me how many bed is in the room. I replied, who are you? and he said the owner of the hotel and he wanted to know how many beds because I only paid for one. I told him I don't know who you are and why you trying to see in my room. I let him know I will meet him at the office to talk because I had two girls with me, my daughter and my niece. I was so upset, and uncomfortable that a man that didn't introduce himself and was trying to come into our room. he didn't want to wait till I came to the office to talk so he said it ok when you leave I'm going to come in and lock the room door with the extra bed if I didn't pay 70 dollars extra. I told him there is no reason to threaten to come into our room when we leave for the boardwalk, I told him again I will come to the office to talk to him. when I went to the office he had a very nasty attitude and I told him that the lady who checked me in said that I can have two beds because I had a last minute guest and she gave me the two beds. she did not say it will be any extra charge. I explained that to him he told me he did not care and told me I can leave if I don't agree with him. I told him he was unprofessional and he have no customer service in return he told me to leave and get out. I said I will be happy to leave if I can get my money back, and he said he will refund me. As I was preparing to leave another staff member came to my door and told me that the owner said I can stay. I told him I refuse to stay because I have to young girls with me and the owner make me feel very unsafe, I will not be able to sleep. so I went back to the office for my refund and the owner was no where to be found (so convenient). and the staff states that he will not give me a refund. So I had to act like I was recording their bad behavior to get my refund when the owner came in and told him to call the police on me for recording. I was happy to get my refund back and leave that forsaken place. I wish no one to ever go threw that. it was scary and a waste of my time and energy. I was in tears and had to find another hotel last minute. very bad start to our vacation. also the rooms smells musky and urine and the rooms are very dark, dim, stuffy and very dated. the owner should be put in jail for his behavior. I WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE. by the way It was almost 600 bucks for two nights and he wanted me to pay 70 bucks more to keep a door opened that had a extra bed. SMH, the owner don't care about providing decent care and service he only care about making a buck.

Date of stay: July 2016