Salt Air Lodge
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$150
$130
$259
$251
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$169
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
$309
$239
  • Pool
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$286
$239
BestWestern.com
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$238
$219
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$178
$163
Hilton.com
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$299
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$204
$119
Groupon.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel is located in a very good location, close to the beach (5 min walk), and located next to the food store. In the reception was courteous staff. We had reserved a number of rooms with one queen bed, but these rooms were finished. Administrator without a word gave a better rooms (2 rooms with 2 beds) for the same price. Comfortable sleeping.
Cons. Although the rooms have WiFi, we were not able to use it, because in our room it was out of coverage . The rooms had a strange, unpleasant smell, but we get used to it fast  It is a pity that hair dryer was not available.
Breakfast, which was offered free of charge was super funny - tea, coffee and a donut, and you are done!
Would recommend to others? – Yes

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked it during a business trip to SC and payed $55/night.

The hotel is well located, just 2 or 3 blocks from the boardwalk and the pier. It's just one or 2 miles away from downtown too.
The room (202) was totally OK: clean, confortable, cable TV, refrigerator, oven, good size and not very old... just the smell was a little stronger than I'd like, but not so bad. Also, the water pressure in the shower head was so strong that almost hurt. kkkkk
Unfortunately, the breakfast was pretty weak: just donuts, coffe and artificial juice. The internet was free and it was fine.
The staff in the front desk was very kind and helpful.

For the price that I payed, I'd recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
knights7985, Owner at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

We thank you for a fair review, as we thank you for your patronage at our hotel. We are glad you had a good stay and we look forward to having you back in the coming future. Our rates and location are kept in line with our competition. Once again Thank You.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had rolled into town on a motorcycle trip we arrived early and didn't expect to be able to check in but the manager was very accommodating and was able to expedite our check in and gave us a secure place to park our bikes. they even upgraded our room . great location just a short walk to the boardwalk and pier. yet far enough away that it was quiet and got great rest there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bsnively68
knights7985, Owner at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thanking you for your kind patronage. We appreciate staying with us. We are happy for your good experience at our Motel. We thrive to give a great service to all our guests. We look forward to see you again in the near future. Thanking you.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stay away! I was double charged by the owner/operator and I have filed a complaint with the credit bureau and with the credit card company. The owner is nasty and argued with me about the incorrect billing. The breakfast was a box of donuts and coffee (and the coffee had run out)--just all around poor. Absolutely the worst experience I ever had in any hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mona G
knights7985, Owner at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Hi My name is Dilip Patel and I am the owner and you did not speak to me as I dont recall any of what yo are saying and I am not rude or dishonnest about charging you double.That just does not add up.If you have a concern please call me personally at 8315888450 on my mobile and I will personally handle your issue.Your complaint is about our breakfast which doughnuts, tea, coffee and juices and our rooms. Please clarify that the problem is not with the cleanliness of the rooms but managerial issues.About your double charge, [lease let me know and we will make the neccessary adjustments for your refunds.we still have not been contacted by the bussiness beareau you are talking about. Please follow up on this and give me a call. I am sorry you did not have a good experience but in any case thanks for the patronafe to our hotel and our santa cruz city as a whole. PLaese give us some consideration as we try to make it right.
Thanking you in advance,
Dilip Patel.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The room is not bad at all I thought it would be crusty but it's actually better than I expected two queen beds and one rollaway bed to accommodate 5 of us. A very short walk to the board walk and restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Charlene U
knights7985, Owner at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thanks for staying with us and look forward to see you again in the near future. For a 1.5 star property, we try hard to have a clean and comfortable property at a reasonable price and an execelent location from the beach and downtown. Next year our intention is to have all rooms with 2 and 3 beds only for families. Our light continental breakfast includes sport juice, coffee and doughnuts. thanks again for your patronage.