Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$119
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$287
$239
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$162
$132
Hilton.com
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$168
$153
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
ComfortInn
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$90
$81
QualityInn
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$168
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$104
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$119
$102
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$179
$174
Travelocity
All reviewsindoor poolcomplimentary breakfastocean streetconvenient locationthe breakfast areafront desk staffroom was clean and comfortablewafflesshort drivefreewayparkingatriumdennysucscdowntownbeddingwharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Decent place to stay in Santa Cruz. As usual,the room was clean and comfortable. Not the most picturesque area of S.C. but a lot of hotels seem to be clustered in this particular part of town. We were only here for one night. Next time I would probably see what else is available just to have other options.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and found your room clean and comfortable. It's true that most hotels in Santa Cruz are located on Ocean Street -- luckily, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, beaches, Municipal Wharf, and UCSC are all located less than two miles away! We hope we have the opportunity to have you with us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Seriously the worst experience I've had with a hotel... ever. Rude from the beginning. The front desk staff is the most useless uninformative group of staff I've ever encountered. For $200+ a night this place is a JOKE. Not to mention the surrounding area is completely sketch. No underground parking and of course they're not responsible for any damage caused by all the homeless people lurking around the parking lot.. DO NOT STAY HERE. The Holiday Inn express across the street is a MUCH better choice.. for a lower rate!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Megan C
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

I'm sorry that you had a disappointing stay at our property. Unfortunately, there are no real specific items I can address in regards to our property in your review, but I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. While it's true that they do have underground parking while we do not, we do not experience frequent theft or damage to our guest's vehicles. It's also true that Santa Cruz has a noticeable homeless population, which can be seen throughout the city, but I'm sorry that this made you uncomfortable. You will notice that rates in Santa Cruz are universally higher during the summer months, but I hope that we have another opportunity to have you with us again in the winter (when rates are lower) so that we can provide you with a better stay experience.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Though not close to the boardwalk but it has a great comfortable room and bed, Good HOT breakfast. Parking could be problem if arrive late since there is a Denny's next door that customers would use the hotel parking.

1  Thank suel048

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked your room and hot breakfast. If you ever run into parking problems, please talk to our front desk agents, as they can assist you in locating a spot. I hope we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

First, my complaint is that this Hampton Inn is the most expensive of several that we are staying at during a 3 week California vacation. It is not particularly good value for the money. However, I didn't compare the cost to other brand hotels in the Santa Cruz area. Although the location is on Ocean avenue, it is 2 miles from the beach. We arrived too early (12:30 PM) to check in to a room, so we walked to the "downtown" area. The best stop was at the Santa Cruz travel information shop on Water Street. The information lady suggested a nice restaurant for dinner on the beach. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Everything worked, and the staff were very nice. Breakfast was the one of the very best of any hotel on this trip. The scrambled eggs included cheese and ham, and the sausage slices were good also. Although breakfast items were self-serve, a staff member offered to refill our coffee cups himself. Our room was quiet, despite being close to the elevator. No street noise was heard. We parked in the front of the hotel without problem. We were welcomed as HHonors guest. I would recommend the hotel to a friend, but would suggest they compare prices first.

2  Thank tbm210

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property! I will let the breakfast staff know how much you enjoyed your meal, as well, as we strive to offer the most quality breakfast we can! It's true that hotels in Santa Cruz are more expensive than hotels in other parts of the state, but for the quality of our property, we feel that we have the best value in town! Thanks for this great review, and we hope we can see you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed in the Hampton Inn while visiting my daughter who attends UCSC. The staff was extremely friendly and very fast and easy to deal with. The complimentry breakfast was amazing, so many choices and something different every day. Fresh brewed coffee & creamer & Tea was available all day. The room and bathroom were very clean. I felt comfortable walking around in my socks and when I did, my socks were still clean afterwards. Free Internet was a bonus, since that is not offered at all some of the other hotels I've stayed in Santa Cruz. On one of the nights there, we had some very noisy guest come in at 10 pm, after I had gone to bed, I waited patiently for them to settle down, at 1230 am I got tired of the noise and called down to the front desk to complain. The staff took care of it immediatley after I hung up the phone. I think they took care of the noisy neighbors in less then 30 sec. and I never heard them again. The bed was super comfortable, and the service was amazing! Location was perfect, very close to downtown, but in a good neighborhood and right near the college.

1  Thank Gina P

Wow, thanks for the great review! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your visit and that our location near UCSC worked so well for you. I'm also happy you took advantage of our hot breakfast our very helpful staff. It's worth mentioning here that if you ever had a problem at our property, please call one of our front desk agents, who will be happy to help you as quickly as possible.

Thanks again for this great review, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit!