“Perfect!”

Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Bay Area, United States
“Perfect!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel was VERY clean, comfortable, quiet, and we really enjoyed the extensive selection of breakfast items at the complimentary breakfast. The staff was also super friendly and welcoming. We would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Alicia P
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff is really wonderful, and I appreciate you taking the time to mention them. I'm also happy that you found our property to your liking, and that our cleanliness and breakfast worked so well for you. Thanks for taking the time to give us this great review, and I hope we get to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Fresno, California
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

BEST breakfast we have EVER had at a Hampton Inn! Along with the friendly staff our stay was definitely top Notch:-) Parking was a little tight, but doable. Will most definitely stay here again.
Our room was very clean and quiet.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Frequent_RoadTrips
Thanks for taking the time to leave us this great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and found our staff and breakfast to your liking! We recently upgraded our breakfast to have a much larger variety, and higher quality, healthier ingredients. We look forward to having you with us again in the future!
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Really enjoyed staying here!
Great staff, comfortable room, enjoyable!
No complaints from me here!
Next time I'm in town I will know where I will be staying!
I agree with other reviews, watch the days you are there for parking!
Thanks for a great stay here! Your staff is awesome!!!
I always enjoy a nice hotel with good staff and you did that for me!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank hbsurfer1
Thanks for the really great review! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the staff and property to your liking! I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again soon.
uk
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in transit to LA, we used our HHonors points to pay so it was in effect a 'free' night.

The hotel was easy to find off highway 1, however it's about 2 miles from the seafront of Santa Cruz. There is no restaurant in the Hotel for dinner, it is next door to a Denny's though.

The room was clean and comfortable, functional but not luxurious which is what I expected.

The hotel sits on a major intersection so we did get traffic noise, it subsided later in the evening though.

The air conditioning was unusable at night as it was so noisy and we are light sleepers, you can switch it off though.

Breakfast was buffet style, plenty of it and ok quality.

Santa Cruz itself was dead, even on a Friday night, the boardwalk was closed in the evening, early May must be out of season. We ate at the Thai restaurant on the beach front which was good value.

Overall SC just seemed a little low rent, we probably need to go in main season, if you really must stay in SC then probably best to stay near the front, however if you are just stopping off then the Hampton is fine.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grgrgray
I'm glad that our property met your expectations. It's true that before peak season, there's not a lot of nightlife in Santa Cruz, but there are some great spots to try. Concerts at the Catalyst and our various lounges like Pono or the Blue Lagoon are usually good spots to check out. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again, especially during the summer months so you can see Santa Cruz in full-swing!
Crowley, TX
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed one night last week at this property - and have some mixed feelings about it. The room was clean and comfortable enough - as most Hampton's are in my experience. However, it is just off a very busy highway and there was quite a bit of road noise. Also some very noisy guests congregated outside. I was beginning to think we were going to be in for a long, sleepless night... but about 10:30 p.m., things settled down. We ended up getting a decent night's sleep. My husband tried their breakfast the next morning, but wished he hadn't... Think we'll look elsewhere next time. (Note: we were very tired and tried to find a place that delivered pizza... don't bother with Pizza My Heart -- unless you like greasy Chuck-E-Cheese type pizza).

Room Tip: ask for one farthest away from the freeway
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TXLuv2Travel
Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry that you experienced some noise while at our property (next time please inform the front desk of any issues with noise so that we can assist you), and that your husband didn't enjoy his breakfast. Our breakfast is typically popular with our guests, and I'm sorry that he was disappointed. I hope that we get the opportunity to provide you with a better breakfast experience the next time you're in the area!
Saskatoo
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights and enjoyed the entire stay. Hotel is inviting, well kept with very friend staff from the front desk to room service. Highly recommend but be warned on weekends parking is limited. It is Santa Cruz and over the weekends the population about doubles!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank David W
Especially during the weekend, Santa Cruz's population does boom! It can get pretty crazy during the summer months especially, which is why it's always a good idea to book your hotel room early and give plenty of time to find parking for any events! I'm glad that you enjoyed our property and our staff, and I hope that we get to see you again in the future!
Pasadena, California
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here a couple of times to visit UCSC. It is in a great location, easy access to freeway. Clean, quiet and free hot breakfast. Room is large and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel in Santa Cruz.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Saladbar
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave us this great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at our property while visiting UCSC. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our hot breakfast, which is of course complimentary and offers new healthy options! We hope to see you again the next time you're in the area!