“Good Stay”

Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
Ranked #23 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights towards the end of February. Overall very pleased. Hotel is right off the freeway on Ocean Street and very easy to find. While on a busy street, very quiet. Hotel was very nice on the inside. Room was big, clean. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was typical Hampton spread but it was well stocked and the area was clean.

Yes, there are a few transients in the area. But you are in Santa Cruz. They are everywhere. Parking lot in the back wasn't the best as it was narrow and shared with Denny's next door. But other than that, this hotel is great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bgpappa25
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property! It sounds you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the great comments, and I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Fabulous beds, clean room, great breakfast, near freeway. We had a fantastic stay - the staff is very helpful. Great service. The breakfast is really great - they have different egg dishes with bacon and sausage every day along with all the other breakfast items, bagels, bread, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, otmesl etc. I would reccommend thisd hotel. The only thing ti be aware of is the backparking lot has many homeless people wandering through at all times. There is a Dennys restaurant that shares the parking lot

Room Tip: I always ask for a room that is not next to the elevators or the ice machine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michele R
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thanks for the great review! It sounds like you really enjoyed our breakfast. Actually, we recently changed our breakfast to what we have now, and it's proving quite popular -- I'm glad you agree! We look forward to having you with us again in the future!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

A great hotel overall, good breakfast; clean, comfortable, big rooms; great helpful staff; great decor; free wifi; flat screen tv; next door to a Denneys, late night snacking :). A bit pricy but I guess quality does always cost more.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jitan002

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that our amenities worked so well for you. It's true that Santa Cruz is generally a higher priced market than many other cities due to its great location, but I'm glad you thought the value of our hotel was worth it! I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Lovely hotel, attentive staff, pleasant rooms, good location, nice extras (e.g. breakfast), many conveniences. Plan to return when visiting family members who live nearby. Had previously stayed at "inns" acrfoss the street. Will never make that mistake again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Martin B
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property -- it sounds like pretty much everything met your needs. We look forward to seeing you when you next visit your family!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! I stayed there and my car was broken into (it was parked right next to the door) and the hotel staff did nothing aside from offering to help call the police. Not only that, but they don't have any cameras pointed at the parking lot, so they could not even help me find out who did it. The hotel manager has told me that it is not their problem because they have signs in the parking lot that say they are not responsible. Literally. They have not offered to help pay for my stolen stuff or broken car. If you stay here, get ready to have your car broken into. Lots of transient folks around the hotel (homeless shelter is up the street), and the hotel clearly does not care if those folks break into your car and steal your stuff. AWFUL!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wmmrvt

While your vehicle was broken into during your staying at our property, I assure you that this is a very rare occurrence. Although we've been in contact with you through several channels at this point, once again I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize that you experienced this inconvenience during your stay with us. It is true that as a matter of hotel policy we do not give monetary compensation for damaged or stolen property outside of our hotel, however while we have repeatedly offered to help by contacting the police, providing you with information for your police report, and assisting you with your insurance claims, you have continually refused these offers. Please feel free to contact us in the future, as we are still willing to assist you with these offers.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stated last year after a one night stay that this was one the best if not the best experience at a Hampton Inn during our almost 20 year association with Hilton. This year we stayed two nights and we received the same great service as last year. If you want a super place to stay while in Santa Cruz you will find it very hard to beat this inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank George P
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to give us another great review! I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel considering the very reasonable price I paid. Room was spacious and spotless. Internet worked well and was free of charge. Breakfast was first rate with a great variety of hot and cold items.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gail-David

I'm very happy that you enjoyed our property, and found such a great value in your stay! Recently we have improved our breakfast to have a fresher and healthier selection, and I'm glad to hear that you like it. I'm also glad that you made use of our complimentary WiFi and found our high cleanliness standards to your liking! Thanks for the great review, and I hope that we see you again in the near future!