“Terrific”

Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
Ranked #23 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Lovely hotel, attentive staff, pleasant rooms, good location, nice extras (e.g. breakfast), many conveniences. Plan to return when visiting family members who live nearby. Had previously stayed at "inns" acrfoss the street. Will never make that mistake again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Martin B
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property -- it sounds like pretty much everything met your needs. We look forward to seeing you when you next visit your family!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Santa Cruz

Reviewed February 19, 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! I stayed there and my car was broken into (it was parked right next to the door) and the hotel staff did nothing aside from offering to help call the police. Not only that, but they don't have any cameras pointed at the parking lot, so they could not even help me find out who did it. The hotel manager has told me that it is not their problem because they have signs in the parking lot that say they are not responsible. Literally. They have not offered to help pay for my stolen stuff or broken car. If you stay here, get ready to have your car broken into. Lots of transient folks around the hotel (homeless shelter is up the street), and the hotel clearly does not care if those folks break into your car and steal your stuff. AWFUL!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wmmrvt

While your vehicle was broken into during your staying at our property, I assure you that this is a very rare occurrence. Although we've been in contact with you through several channels at this point, once again I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize that you experienced this inconvenience during your stay with us. It is true that as a matter of hotel policy we do not give monetary compensation for damaged or stolen property outside of our hotel, however while we have repeatedly offered to help by contacting the police, providing you with information for your police report, and assisting you with your insurance claims, you have continually refused these offers. Please feel free to contact us in the future, as we are still willing to assist you with these offers.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stated last year after a one night stay that this was one the best if not the best experience at a Hampton Inn during our almost 20 year association with Hilton. This year we stayed two nights and we received the same great service as last year. If you want a super place to stay while in Santa Cruz you will find it very hard to beat this inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank George P
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to give us another great review! I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel considering the very reasonable price I paid. Room was spacious and spotless. Internet worked well and was free of charge. Breakfast was first rate with a great variety of hot and cold items.

1  Thank Gail-David

I'm very happy that you enjoyed our property, and found such a great value in your stay! Recently we have improved our breakfast to have a fresher and healthier selection, and I'm glad to hear that you like it. I'm also glad that you made use of our complimentary WiFi and found our high cleanliness standards to your liking! Thanks for the great review, and I hope that we see you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I most likely would not stay at this particular hotel again when in town on business. I have come to expect certain things from a Hampton Inn, like beds that feel like your sleeping on a cloud, bathroom amenities. When I arrived there were none in my bathroom, I had to go to the front desk and ask for some shampoo and conditioner. Housekeeping was hit and miss. No nightly cookies or even a pantry where you can buy snacks and drinks. There are other Hilton properties in this town (Santa Cruz) that is where I most likely would stay next time I am there on business.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at our property. While we are a small property and lack certain amenities, such as cookies and a Sweet Shop, we do feature the Serta Hampton mattresses that are at all Hampton Inn properties.

I am also sorry that your room did not receive toiletries -- these are supposed to be placed in every room prior to guest arrival. In the future, please feel free to call Guest Services and we will be happy to bring them up to you.

I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future so that we can provide you with a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

A great location. Close to the freeway yet very quite and restful. The room was clean and comfortable. very attentive staff helpful with directions and suggestion for dinning and entertainment. Very good free breakfast, served fresh and attentive staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victor P

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our property! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us, made us of our amenities, and found our staff friendly and helpful. I hope that your visit to see your UCSC student was great, and that we can have you with us again the next time you visit them.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 9, 2014

no fitness room available at this location. also, daily room cleaning is optional at this location. no fitness room available at this location. also, daily room cleaning is optional at this location. no fitness room available at this location. also, daily room cleaning is optional at this location.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I see from your review that you noticed we do not have an in-house fitness room at our property, and that we do not require our guests who stay multiple nights to have their rooms cleaned every day if they do not wish them to be. I'm sorry if you were disappointed by our lack of in-house fitness room, and that you were unable to make it to our off-site fitness facility, Santa Cruz Power Fitness. We offer our guests free passes to Santa Cruz Power Fitness, an excellent local gym with a multitude of equipment, conveniently located approximately half a mile away. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future, and that you get a chance to make full use of our amenities.