“Great stay in Santa Cruz”

Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Sonoma, United States
“Great stay in Santa Cruz”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Top of the line Hampton Inn. Friendly and interested Front Desk Staff. Great open atrium layout. Right on the entrance to Santa Cruz from 17. Pleanty of breakfast items restocked frequently. Nice new LCD TV.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like you were fond our staff and location, and that you were able to take advantage of our daily hot breakfast. Our atrium and open layout really does set us apart from many other Hampton Inn properties, and I'm happy that you liked it -- it's actually the custom design of the owner. My favorite part of it is that it lets in so much natural light, and keeps everything from feeling claustrophobic. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our property, and I hope that we can see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

It is a good hotel ,clean rooms , good bathroom.The location is very accessible.

Since I was partly working over the week as it was Thanksgiving,I needed the necessary props to help with that.

They had such a good setup for working -very comfortable couch, pedestal lamp with Phone and tea platform and a board to keep your laptop.

For the budget I was paying which was around 100USD ,it was really good.

The staff especially Diane ,Sue and Jorge was very forthcoming and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad that your room's layout and amenities provided you with a good space to get your work done, and that you found great value in our hotel during your stay. Our staff enjoyed having you here, and appreciated your company and conversation. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again the next time you're in the area!
Show Low, Arizona, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice, clean and quiet room, attentive staff. If there's a problem, it's the location - we encountered several homeless individuals, one of whom was confrontative, although not truly threatening. It's got to be tough when the business has done everything it can to be welcoming, but circumstances mostly outside their control can negatively affect the experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I'm glad that you felt that we offered a good value for your dollars spent, and it's great that you enjoyed your room and your interactions with our fantastic staff. While it's true that Santa Cruz does have a noticeable homeless population throughout the city, we, along with the Santa Cruz City Police Department and the city as a whole, are working to address this issue, and to keep Santa Cruz a clean and welcoming place. Thanks again, and we hope that we can have you with us again in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a good value hotel in a convenient location. I did not see many homeless people in the area-perhaps it was too chilly? There is a Best Western, a Comfort Inn and a Holiday Inn Express across the street. The location is directly off the highway. The beach, boardwalk & wharf are about a 5 minute drive.

The staff were all very friendly. The room (304) is to the back and we did not hear any road noise. It is a standard Hampton room, very comfortable & clean. It's nice having the small fridge & microwave available.

I love that breakfast is included, wifi in the room is free, parking is free. Indoor pool was a nice surprise.

When I was researching, I didn't think it was worth the price difference to stay closer to the beach. Perhaps in summer when parking at the beach could be an issue. This time of year, it was not a problem to drive & park.

I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property! It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our in-room amenities and complimentary hot breakfast, wireless Internet, and parking all worked well for you. Thank you for your review, and I hope we can see you again the next time that you're in the area.
Aurora
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I experienced an excellent, comfortable stay in this Hotel. The facility is very well maintained by a helpful and courteous management and staff. The Hotel comfortable price too! This is an expensive market.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property, and that both our facilities and staff were to your liking. I'm also happy that you felt our hotel offered a great value for your money. I hope that we can see you again the next time you're in the area!
Trinidad, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The parking is not secure and in a bad part of town. The room smelled horrible. My room faced the street and street light shined directly in room. I would not stay here again and would not recommend this room. Staff were very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
While I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our staff, I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant stay at our property. I'm unsure what type of smell you're referencing, but a few people have been especially sensitive to our scented carpet cleaner. I'm apologize if this was an issue during your stay.

I would also like to apologize if you were made uncomfortable by Santa Cruz's homeless population, which is somewhat visible throughout the city. We, along with the city as a whole, have been working with the Santa Cruz Police Department to ensure that our city remains safe and secure, although I would like to stress that it is rare that visitors experience any problems related to the homeless. Again, I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant experience, but I hope that we have an opportunity to have you with us again in the future so that we can offer you a more pleasant experience.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was in town to review some research at UCSC and this was convenient. I flew into SFO and drove down to Santa Cruz.

In general I have always found a Hampton Inn to be a good value when I'm driving, and this time was no exception.

Clean rooms, good parking spots available if you arrive early enough.

Breakfast items were good and when I return to Santa Cruz this will be an approved location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad that you were pleased with your stay at our property while visiting UCSC. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and we look forward to having you with us again on your next visit to the area.