“A Good Hilton, Tough Parking”

Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed March 28, 2013

"Standard" Hampton Inn. Staff was very friendly, especially the front desk person who checked us in on Wed 3/27. Breakfast was as expected and server did a good job of keeping food items stocked and tables clean.
Only issue I had was lack of parking spaces (parked on a side street as all spots behind hotel were taken).
Room was clean.
FWIW, I am a Hilton Diamond member.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the corners of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We're very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel met your needs. I'm sorry about the parking situation - being downtown, we unfortunately are limited in space and some nights do get crowded, although I'm surprised to hear that this was a problem mid-week. Thank you for your patience with the situation. We hope that you will come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very clean hotel in convenient location. Had two rooms and both were very nice. Breakfast was typical Hamton Inn and definitely adequate---although the staff attempted to keep trays of food full--things were constantly empty and in need of attention. Biggest drawback for us was lack of any exercise (had small pool) equipment on site--they did offer free pass to a local gym but that just was not a convenient option.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thanks so much for your review, we're so glad that you liked the hotel! I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you to be able to use the gym (no pun intended) and apologize for that. Thanks again for letting us know how your stay went, we hope to see you back again another time.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very convenient and comfortable. I was in Santa Cruz on business for 3 weeks and I could heat up my own dinner in the microwave or walk to many good restaurants in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any requests I made. Very clean. I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

We are so glad to hear this, thank you for your review! Three weeks is a long time to be on the road and we're very glad to know that you were able to successfully set up your temporary home at the Hampton Inn and that you enjoyed your time in Santa Cruz. We really hope that you will be back to stay with us again next time you're in town, and thanks again for your review!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was the third time we have stayed here and every time the room and food were great! Each time was just a walk in to the attendant and ended up with a super rate. The staff were always friendly so we will be returning again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Fantastic! Thanks so much for your compliments to our facility and staff, we really appreciate them. We also love knowing that you have come to stay with us so often and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Convenient location. Room was clean and comfortable. This was one of the nicest Hampton Inns we have stayed in. It doesn't hurt that we love Santa Cruz. It is a short drive to downtown or the boardwalk and the surfers museum.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for the fantastic compliment! We love hearing from our guests - and we especially love hearing from our happy guests! :) Thanks for taking the time to let us know, we are really looking forward to having you stay with us again next time you're in Santa Cruz!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very clean. Decent breakfast for one that's included in rate. Bed was comfortable. Hotel quiet. Close to freeway access and close enough to the beach. Not a beach hotel though if that's what you're looking for.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We really appreciate knowing that you enjoyed the hotel, and hope that you will be back to stay with us again.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was concerned when I read some of the reviews regarding the homeless population at the Denny's Diner next door. We parked in the back and yes they are there, openly smoking marijuana and cruising the lots on bicycles. And yes they made me uncomfortable but I was not panhandled or approached and I was already aware that SC has a large homeless population. But unless you are hanging out in the parking lot I don't see an issue.Our vehicles weren't tampered with and I felt "safe." The Inn is typical Hampton, although it's the smallest Hampton I have ever stayed at. The staff is professional. Especially the two J's..Jason and Jonathon? Apologies if I have the names incorrect you both are an asset to the hotel. BOTH super helpful with directions, even walking me out to the front to show me directions and offering very valuable advice on traveling, providing me with maps which they highlighted to ensure I would find my way. And let me check in early after a LONG drive! Rooms and breakfast same as always, this "chain" is consistent with sevice, comfort and cleanliness. This will be "my" hotel in SC until my son graduates.

Room Tip: I did see the rooms that open out into the atrium area where breakfast is served. I don't think...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

What a great review - thank you so much! And yes, you did get both of their names right. Jason and Jonathan are both definitely assets to our hotel, we are very fortunate to have them here and it is really great having you point this out!! So thank you as well for that.

Unfortunately we do continue to grapple with the homeless situation here in SC and wish that this was otherwise. We really appreciate your comments regarding that. And we certainly look forward to welcoming you again when you come to visit your son at UCSC. See you again next time, and thanks again for your terrific review.