“Great food, exercise and history!”

Santa Cruz Food Tour
Ranked #3 of 13 Food & Drink in Santa Cruz
More attraction details
Owner description: Santa Cruz Food Tour offers 3.5 hour food tasting and cultural walking tours off-the-beaten-path in downtown Santa Cruz and the historic district. Our guided tours are a non-touristy, local experience so you feel like a native Santa Cruzan. Come take a stroll with us and taste great food at five locations along the way. When you have an appetite for adventure.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I did the Capitola tour and really enjoyed the tour and the food. This Santa Cruz tour is just as good! The same guide, Brian (sorry, forgot the last name ) led both tours. He is meticulous, thoughtful, engaging and really dedicated to making sure you have wonderful experience. The food selections are really good. You learn something about each restaurant you visit. If like places that use local ingredients, you will like the foods choices/restaurants. The walk isn't strenuous.... minor up hill, well worth the effort.

1  Thank TravelDre100
There are newer reviews for Santa Cruz Food Tour

Reviewed May 22, 2013

In Santa Cruz for one week and as these folks recommended we took the tour at the beginning of our stay so we'd have places to go back to.

Boy, what a great introduction to Santa Cruz. I recommend this tour to anyone who loves food, history, stories, architecture and learning about a new place.

Our guide was the best and he made all the stories come alive. I really didn't know what to expect since we went on a food tour elsewhere and it wasn't so great. This one is the real deal.

Thanks SC Food Tour for making me and my wife feel like locals. We are going on their Capitola tour next week.

1  Thank Doug D
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I spent an afternoon with our fantastic tour guide (Brad?) is a whirlwind through downtown Santa Cruz. Usually when we go to the coast we spend most of the time at the Boardwalk. This tour explored downtown and the history that lead up to it. The stories and insights kept us interested and the food stops were so great. Nice variety and more food than either of us could eat. They have a Capitola tour too and we are going to take that one next. Don't hesitate. This is a winner.

2  Thank PacificAve
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We took the food tour recently during a 1 day trip to Santa Cruz & were pleased we did! When we arrived in town and had a wander around there didn't seem to be much to do but when we did the tour our guide Brian told us all about the history and architecture of the town. We enjoyed the food too: pizza slice & salad, mini cupcake, icecream, mini burger & veggie samosa type thing. I wouldn't say you got a lot of food on the tour but I think it's worth doing (we would have been at a loss at what to do in Santa Cruz had we not done this!)

2  Thank milica0207
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Upon graduating from college, my niece (and her husband) were given the wonderful gift of a few days away in Santa Cruz. We though the food tour would be a great experience to add to their vacation. Buying the tickets in advance was a snap; we even wrapped the print-out so that she would have something fun to open at the party. The "kids" just got back and said that they had a wonderful experience. Just goes to show that the young love this tour as much as us "oldies"!