“A great find”
Review of Laili Restaurant

Laili Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Laili Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Description: For centuries a five thousand mile trade route has joined the Mediterranean to China through Afghanistan and India. Known mostly for the Silk Trade, the Silk Road has acted as a conduit of ideas, cultures, music, food & spices throughout all of its regions. Laili aims to bring the age old flavors and traditions of the Silk Road to life by creating a positive and relaxing environment with a culturally rich and flavorful dining experience.
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I decided to visit here on our first night in Santa Cruz and we were not disappointed. We were seated in the patio area, which was a beautifully romantic setting with twinkling fairy lights. The service was prompt and attentive. We went on recommendations from the friendly waitress and ordered a butternut squash appetiser, that came with flatbreads. It was delicious. Then we shared a tasty Greek salad and the filet mignon kebob, that was wonderful. The wine was fantastic too - we couldn't get enough of the Santa Cruz Chardonnay. This was a great find and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. This would be perfect for couples due to the romantic setting.

1  Thank Crown3006

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My family and I, visiting Santa Cruz for the first time, had a great late lunch at Laili.
The menu was very extensive and tough to decide on. I joked with the waitress that I would have to come back many times as there so many items that looked great. We ate family style including superb salad, lamb burger, chicken wrap etc. All was great. Prices were reasonable.

We ate in the patio, and the atmosphere was really nice, no rush, and great coffee to finish it off.

Highly recommend Laili in you are in Santa Cruz

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We were seated in the patio, a beautiful setting. Our waitress was very nice. I asked about the 3 course meal I saw on their website. No, they weren't serving it that night even though according to the website they did serve it on wed. Nights ( the night we were there.) We ordered an appetizer, salads and main courses. They served us the appetizer and salads at the same time and immediately after we finished them, took our plates away and served our entrees. This was Not a leisurely meal in a very nice setting- I definitely got the idea that the point was to turn the table as fast as possible. That said the food was good.

1  Thank lindalt
Reviewed July 14, 2014

What a find, great menu, lovely garden and great service. Rebecca took amazing care of us, even offering to move us to the garden half way thru our meal. Menu was yummy, I had the chicken and my partner had the salmon, both excellent. I would say the food is mediteranian but with a California twist.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Laili was a pleasant surprise. Located right off Pacific Avenue in downtown Santa Cruz, the restaurant boasts a small patio garden setting and a lovely cool interior.

The ambient noise level was good. You are able to carry on a fine conversation without yelling.
Service was attentive and very good. There is a small bar area. The restaurant boasts an open kitchen, so you can see the staff at work.

We ordered the beet salad as a starter and the pomegranate stuffed eggplant. These were excellent vegetarian dishes. I am fairly sure the staff can accommodate vegans as well. The restaurant advertises fresh, locally sourced ingredients.

The beet salad boasted a nice sprinkling of goat cheese along with the pomegranate seeds. The pomegranate seeds were unnecessary and distracted from the beets. Otherwise, the dish was flawless.

The eggplant was caramelized perfectly and was probably one of the best eggplant dishes we have ever had.

We intend to add this place to our list of Santa Cruz favorites. We hope it sticks around.

1  Thank cadagility