“Exquisite, Exotic Food is Friendly Setting”
Review of Pearl of the Ocean

Pearl of the Ocean
Reserve with OpenTable
Pearl of the Ocean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 372 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Branciforte
Seattle, Washington
“Exquisite, Exotic Food is Friendly Setting”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The scents, spices and taste of this creative Sri Lankan cuisine are truly delicious!

My daughter's fiance and I enjoyed dinner at this welcoming Santa Cruz owner-run restaurant. The dinner - from appetizers through main course - was outstanding. The friendly, talented Sri Lankan owner greeted us and described various dishes, all made with fresh, local organic food. We started with nam bread with amazing garlic dipping sauce. Then, I selected the Chicken breast with spices and Jason enjoyed a fish dish. Both entrees came with creative, tasty sides -almond mango and rice or an eggplant, onion and tomato medley. We enjoyed delicious chai as beverages.

Great food at a very reasonable price! I would return in an instant - but unfortunately live over 1200 miles away from this Santa Cruz dining gem.

• Visited December 2012

Berkeley, California
“Delicious Sri Lankan Cuisine”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Pearl of the Ocean is an often overlooked restaurant. It's location is kind of odd - next to a froyo place and H&R black - but there is usually parking so that's a plus. The minute you walk in you are met with delicious wafts of spices and curries. The portions are pretty big - a lunch entree with garbanzo curry, kale with coconut, brown rice, papadam, dhal, and carrot salad for $8.50 - fed me for two meals. AND pretty much everything on the menu is vegan except for a few dishes you can add chicken too. I'm not sure about them being completely gluten free as well but it wouldn't surprise me if they were. If you're looking for flavors that you can't really find anywhere else in Santa Cruz you should definitely check them out.

Visited March 2012
Santa Cruz, California
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Love it. The food is very delicious and the staff is very friendly and helpful with the menu. Everything was very fresh and tasty.

Visited May 2012
Santa Cruz, California
“The amazing blend of flavors makes this restaurant a must for everyone!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My daughter discovered this restaurant and insisted I go!! What a great find!! This restaurant has options for everyone. We started by sharing the asparagus salad which was fabulous! I then tried the baby jackfruit fro my entree, which I had never had before, and was very pleased with my selection. With the entree I had the garbonzo curry and the cashew & cauliflower which were the perfect combination. Will definitely go back. I need to try the lotus roots!!

Visited August 2011