“Nostalgia” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley Private Tour
Ranked #3 of 80 things to do in Santa Cruz
More attraction details
Owner description: The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is a classic seaside amusement park. The admission-free attraction features thrill rides like the famous Giant Dipper roller coaster, kiddie rides, games, shops, food, and year-round indoor activities. Admission is free. Ride tickets may be purchased per ride, per day, or per season. Free summer entertainment includes Free Friday Night Bands on the Beach.
California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nostalgia”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Boardwalk in Santa Cruz will not put anyone who remembers it from the old days. It has escaped being spiffed up and there is something satisfying about this. Seals and sea lions swim by the pier; it is not as foggy as Monterey, and if you are lucky you might catch sight of some whales.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing fun for the whole family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

My family visited in July of last year. We are from the Midwest and have never been to an Oceanside amusement park and boardwalk like this. The sights and sounds are wonderful. I rode many rides with my son who is 12. I don't normally ride amusement park rides as they tend to make me motion sick. But this was a once in a lifetime experience for me and I wanted to try it all. We had so much fun. Riding rides, playing in the ocean, walking on the beach, getting yummy treats on the boardwalk (chocolate covered bacon). What could be better?

Visited July 2013
Alameda, California
“We love the Boardwalk!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

$ generations of my family has been coming here! There is something for everyone! I am just so happy that we live only less than an hour away!

Visited September 2013
Norwalk, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ordinary Amusement Park”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place is just an ordinary amusement park not very exciting. Food is a little bit on the expensive side and the parking is also hard to get.

Santa Clara
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun for the family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I used to go here alot as a kid. Now that I have my own family, it appears to still be a fun place to take the kids for the day. We like to hit the salt-water taffy shop when we're in the area. Unfortunately it's not as fresh and soft as it was when I was a kid. The taffy was hard. The rest of the boardwalk foods, shops, and attractions/rides are staying busy and up to date with their merchandise. The Corn dogs are ALWAYS good here!