Mission Inn
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$318
$239
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$162
$132
Hilton.com
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$168
$153
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
ComfortInn
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$90
$81
QualityInn
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$168
Hotels.com
$119
$115
Travelocity
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$111
$104
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$119
$102
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$179
$174
Travelocity
All reviewsbreakfast roommission streetdonut shophot tubfrench bakerybusy streetdecent coffeebagelsstaff was very friendly and helpfulother hotelsspa tublast minute tripwould stay here againvery pleasant stayhard boiled eggsfront desk personminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very nice room, much much better than Motel 6, Knights Inn and other Hotels we experienced on our California trip. The room (148) is very big, perfectly arranged, nicely designed and very clean. Hot tub outside, good breakfast - we felt at least beeing in a fourvstar hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pimolitor
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very nice hotel - reasonably priced. Good customer service. Handy location for UC Santa Cruz. Good shops round about - New Leaf is great for upscale food/drink/ready made meals. Breakfast room clean and bright, nice selection of food.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank josac
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This has to be the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. It's as if someone took a toothbrush to the baseboards. Room was kindof ugly...like going to Grandma's 1980's mauve and forest green lake house. But the bed was good, it didn't smell, was clean, and breakfast was fine. If you aren't there for aesthetics but function, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sloopy65
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I'll start by saying that hotels in Santa Cruz are expensive at this time of year so if you don't want to pay exorbitant rates but expect a pretty good standard then this is a good option.
On arrival, I was a little dubious having arrived from a stay at a luxurious hotel elsewhere but my fears were unfounded.
The rooms are clean, quiet, comfortable and have everything you expect and need.
The staff were helpful and accommodating, particularly after I displayed a friendly attitude towards them.
The hotel, while not located at the beach, had restaurants right next door and all around and many shops within walking distance. There are bakeries, Starbucks and a Safeway right across the road.
The beach is several blocks walk but it is flat and I enjoy walking. Downtown, a very pleasant place, is a 25 minute walk but there is a bus stop right near the hotel and the bus service is good. If you have a car, you shouldn't think twice about staying here. You can also walk for only a few minutes to various wineries.
I noticed a previous reviewer commented about a lack of hot water. This was not an issue during our stay of 5 days.
Breakfast is in a sunny room. It does not open until 8 (nor does the office) so may be late for some but not a problem for me. Continental breakfast only but this was juice, cereal, coffee etc as well as bagels, muffins and some other kind of pastries.
No pool or fitness room but a hot tub and nice places to sit among the flowers. The hotel is not a destination in itself such as a resort would be but a perfectly comfortable place to stay while visiting Santa Cruz. Our trip was work for my husband and vacation for me.

Room Tip: We were towards the back which was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank uptightoutasight
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed there one night last year and after researching other hotels, stayed there for two nights this year. The check-in was easy and even though we got there early, our room was ready and we were able to check in. We liked not having to worry about breakfast, even the kids liked what was offered.

I ended up leaving my phone charger there but didn't realize it until we got home; I just thought it was in one of our bags. The hotel called and offered to mail it to me which I accepted. They must have mailed it first thing Tuesday because I got it today.

We've already decided to stay there again if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family