“Very small portions for the price”

Aquarius - Dream Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquarius - Dream Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 374 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bay Street
Santa Cruz CA
“Very small portions for the price”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

The STAR rating is difficult because the food did taste very good, unfortunantly there was only 5 bites of halibut and mashpotatoes ($26) on my very large plate (bowl). It was also apparent to me that they are trying to get 6 glasses, instead of the standard 4-5 from each of their bottles of wine per glass; yet pricey. My grilled romain w/caeser dressing was $9.00. I thought it was alot of money for 2 small uncut full leaves of lettuce lying over scattered dressing. We did skip desert because we didn't want to be disappointed with only 2 bites of something delicious for $9.00.
The food was very good, the atmosphere is nice, beach views are tops, the service was very attentive, BUT the portions are incredibly small and I left hungry.
I don't take this review lightly because the hotel and restaurant hold many personal memories. I was married in their banquet room and have been a repeat customer to the old Main Sail restaurant before it was remodeled into Aquarius.

San Francisco
“Upscale dining on the beach”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Aquarius was excellent. Had the innovative shrimp cocktail, made with tomato water and avocado. The beet salad with blue cheese fondutta was perfect. Cod over fava and spring peas may gave been the best fish preparation I've had all year. The fish with truffle and soba was tasty but was too rich after a few bites.

This is a very welcome addition to the SC dining scene.