“This place really messes with your mind!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mystery Spot

Mystery Spot
Ranked #5 of 80 things to do in Santa Cruz
More attraction details
Owner description: This enigmatic place draws curious visitors who come to witness its gravity-defying properties.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This place really messes with your mind!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

A must-visit place! Very cool. I know it's all a series of optical illusions, but a lot of things I saw really had me scratching my head. Fun to do for families, friends and couples.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank simonehdesign

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, Lithuania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“i expected better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I expected more from the mystery spot. We were almost the last group that day, and when we did the tour, the ticket/gift shop would not let us in to buy anything. I went to Mystery Spot and all i got is this ... um... nothing!
Also, if you go there in a group - try to stay behind and not go first, that way you'll be able to try out everything. We went in the front, and the people behind would try something out and 'push' us to go further without us being able to go back (it's not as easy to go "back" in mystery spot)

2 Thank Aleksandr S
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, feedback for our tour guide- Prema. He was funny, patient and enthusiastic. Even though they do this job repeatedly, he was fantastic.
Now, the place... it's always crowded. So you may have to wait a while for a tour. You can only do the guided tour. You cannot go on your own. I'm not going to discuss whether its all an optical illusion or if its really a mystery. That's for you to decide. But, its perfect for family entertainment. Its unique and interactive. You also get a free bumper sticker as a souveneir. It's worth your while

2 Thank Wanderlustvani
Newark, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Gravity From A Different Angle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

The reviews on this attraction are very mixed. I was pleased to finally pay it a visit after so many years of curiosity. I think there really is some kind of phenomenon at play here while not counting out the possibility that angle and illusion might be accentuating this mystery. While hiking through the actual location of this anomaly, disheveled and uneven structures did impair my attention on the immediate surroundings, distracting my focus on keeping a level eye outside the site. Still, I was able to keep a level visual on everything around us. I could feel and see a gravity shift in this spot. It was as though gravity was not perfectly perpendicular to the level earth. The gravitational pull was at a downward angle and not straight down. I could really feel it. I would wish that the old crooked structures on this site be removed and replaced with ones that are level to the earth so that the phenomenon can be experienced without hindrance. Only then can it be more properly assessed. That being said, I'm glad I visited the Mystery Spot and definitely experienced an altered gravitational shift, small as it may well be.

2 Thank Gary C
Amherst, Ohio
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“No mystery here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I guess the only mystery is how many suckers will pay $5 plus $5 to park to see this optical illusion.
For kids it's ok but anyone who knows how the brain works will figure it out .
Once was more than enough.
The cheesy jokes and lines are not funny and if your'e looking for a scientific explanation from them you will not get one.

Visited September 2013