Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$210
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$207
Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$379
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$303
$279
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$209
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$281
$270
$319
$309
$479
$465
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$325
  • Pool
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$397
$314
Hotels.com
All reviewseasy accessyogurtcoffee potnice poollovely roomconvenient locationsan josehwyfireplaceboardwalkredwoodsucsccoast
Reviewed August 27, 2015

The bedding was dirty. I had the leave the window open in order to have the fan run and did not like or feel safe being on the first floor and having to keep the window open. I paid close to $200 for this room and feel completely ripped off. For a destination such as Pasatiempo, one would think there would be a little more luxury when it comes to staying there. I would not recommend this destination for lodging to anyone.

Room Tip: Please make sure you put clean blankets and sheets on the beds for new guests. Please make sure you make your guest aware, they need to keep their windows open in order to have a fan on- major safety issue.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
InnAtPasatiempo, Manager at Inn at Pasatiempo, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2015

I am disappointed to hear that you found your bedding dirty. We do have our staff inspect all the guestrooms prior to check in. I sincerely apologize that we fell below the mark on this occasion. Please be assured that we have a staff member available onsite 24 hours a day and routine security patrols are carried throughout the evening. Santa Cruz is a very popular summer destination and we try to keep our rates very competitive for our guests. Again I am sorry your stay with us was not what you had expected.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

We paid $229+tax to stay here and it wasn't even close to worth that amount. The rooms need serious updating and not just to the decor. The bathroom shower was chipping, the paint was peeling off the corner of the walls, there is no A/C in the rooms (they put a huge fan on the table by the window but it's not the same), etc. etc. To be totally honest, we often stay in Motel 6 type properties if it's just for a night here or there when we're on the road -- and I prefer those to this. I think if it was more in the $150 price range it wouldn't have bothered me as much; but for what we paid, we really did expect something in better condition.

Pros: The pool area and lobby were nice, but I'll definitely choose something else next time. I will also say the bed was comfortable so that was a plus, too!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. We do have plans to renovate our guest rooms in the near future. I hope when those are done you will come back and try us again. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our wonderful pool, and that you found the beds comfortable.

Reviewed August 26, 2015

We chose this hotel based on its proximity to the Mount Hermon Adventure tours we'd be attending the next morning. We were disappointed to learn the great food the restaurant was known for did not open for breakfast hours. Overall customer service and front desk were very kind & helpful. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Has not A/C, but they do have box fines and ceiling fans. We stayed on one of hottest days of this summer, but at night the temperature was okay in the room. The front desk confirmed our reservation and explained this to us, allowing us to cancel our reservation at no penalty, if we choose. We appreciated this offer, but stayed anyway. Temperature in room was just fine in the evening time. Courteous of front-desk personnel to call ahead & explain!
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
InnAtPasatiempo, Manager at Inn at Pasatiempo, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2015

Great to hear about your enjoyable stay with us! We do offer an exclusive “canopy tour package” for those participating in the zipline course at Mount Hermon, which is an amazing experience. We have plans to reinstate a complimentary continental breakfast once our breakfast room renovations are completed. Thank you for your kind words about our friendly and helpful front desk staff. We hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again...

Reviewed August 25, 2015

The hotel was not what I expected. The rooms had no air conditioning and when we arrived the room temperature had to be at least 94 degrees. It was a record breaking heat wave when we were there and the rooms were so hot that we could not sleep comfortably until the early hours of the morning because the box fan provided let the cool air in. But we had to sleep with the windows open all night to get that cool air.

Room Tip: Get air conditioning in all rooms. At least let it be an option to have it rather than suffer through hotter weather with a box fan.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately at this time, none of our guestrooms have air conditioning. It is anticipated that this will be installed during our planned room renovations. Thankfully (most of the time) we enjoy a cool coastal fog that helps to keep the room temperatures moderate...and even on the cooler side. I do apologize that your stay was not as comfortable as you had anticipated.

Reviewed August 25, 2015

The room was very nice and clean except for the carpet. We were on a 2 week trip and this was the hotel we splurged on for the price. I was happy with the room except the carpet was filthy. I didn't want to even walk on it with bare feet. For the $200.00 we paid for the one night, one would have expected that the rug to be clean with out dark stains.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so sorry to hear about the condition of the carpet in your guestroom upon check-in. We are consistently shampooing our carpets every month and our housekeepers check for carpet stains daily. I do apologize that your room did not meet our usual cleanliness standards on this occasion. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us as part of your road trip and I am glad that overall you were happy with your visit.