“Very Comfortable!”

Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California
“Very Comfortable!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed at the Inn for a couple of weeks while I was waiting for my new apt to be ready for move in. The beds are very comfortable and the place was pretty clean. The staff are very, very friendly and accommodating. The windows are kinda old, so there was a little bit of a draft, but i didn't mind it too much.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I lived in Santa Cruz County for 22 years. During that time I had occasion to go to the Inn at Pasatiempo several times. I eat at Peachwoods restaurant several times and the bar there more times than I can count. I knew the place was out dated and drew an older crowd but the food was always good, fair priced and it was clean! I never stayed there but had been to rooms of friends who were staying there and the rooms were out dated but well kept.

On 2-5-2014 I stayed at the Inn. The restaurant and bar are gone! There was one employee the front desk clerk. I was in law enforcement 20 years so trust me when I say the other guests who fortunately were staying in the building below mine were meth freaks!

My room was cold so I tried to turn on the heat and it didn't work. I called the front desk and was told to turn the switch on the pilot light of the gas wall heater!!! I tried it didn't work. I called the front desk four more times, no answer!!!

Finally I walked up in the rain to the front desk where the kid, who was nice, agin told me he is the only person working! This place has three buildings of rooms and one kid on at 630pm???

I got a new room and the heat worked that is the nicest thing I can say!

DON'T EVER STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton in Scott's Valley
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bill g

Travelers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Jamestown, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was there on business and a friend booked the hotel for me because it was close to his house. I arrived at night and found myself walking quite a ways trying to find my room. It was on the first floor in the back. The room was small and the bathroom was out of the fifties/sixties. never updated and it had seen better days years ago. I only had to stay there for two days, but I was glad to leave.

Room Tip: I was there on business for a few days and my friend booked me there because it was close to his hou...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim W
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The room was FREEZING. I slept fully dressed with a sweatshirt and a coat on and still it was freezing. I had the thermostat on max but the tiny heater is worthless.

There is no air conditioning, so hot days will be just as bad.

Other than that, cute furniture, ok bed, and good for the cost if you dont expect much.

I gave it a two because on a warm day (not hot) this hotel would be a good deal. Just needs heating and air conditioning.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Snmatteo
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Some pretty derogative reviews led us to anticipate a less-than-happy experience, but we enjoyed our three-night stay. The place is relatively secluded and quiet. Check-in and check-out were quick and pleasant. The TV would not form a picture, and the front office replaced it in fifteen minutes. Room was clean and comfortable and convenient to a forest for dog-walking. Not much of a "breakfast", but not many guests, either. I suppose that is to be expected. My only real complaints are: 1) Is there a "miniature motel toilet" model in the fixtures catalog? Maybe I'm just used to the generous-sized items in out home. 2) We were quite remote from the office, very much on the edge of a forest, the trees in which collect the usual mist/drizzle and drip it on the parking places nearest the room. Water spots that didn't come off with a simple car wash. Otherwise, quite satisfactory, with extra points for isolation from the hubbub that is Santa Cruz.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
San Juan Bautista, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

"Pet friendly" = flea-ridden. Terrible. The worst place I have ever stayed at in over 40 years of traveling.

Signs that making the non-refundable reservation was a huge error were apparent from the moment we turned into the parking lot, which had huge potholes in it. At the front desk there was a huge sign warning guests about their "if you have a party we will call the police" policy suggesting they have had serious noise probems.

The room was hot -- no air conditioning. Opening the windows and doors was the only way to cool the room down -- and at night it heated up and stayed hot. While there was a fridge -- one of the sources of heat -- there was no microwave.

The morning brought the biggest surprise, though. While the rooms appear clean, they have done nothing to deal with the "pet friendly" consequences -- pet hair, dander, and worst of all, FLEAS! I work up in the morning with over 100 flea bites on my legs, ankles, and feet.

By the next day, they were seriously infected and leaking pus and fluid. My doctor had to put me on three forms of antibiotics and was very concerned, since there had been an outbreak of insect-borne West Nile Disease in Santa Cruz.

The Inn refused to take any responsibility for this and it took the threat of legal action backed by a letter from my doctor and a statement from the Santa Cruz health department to get them to refund the charges.

A terrible experience from beginning to end. Avoid this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert E
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my time at Inn at Pasatiempo The bed was outstanding, in fact I added days.
The WiFi was great, fast. The hotel is quiet and under 7 minutes into downtown SC.
Joe the front desk worker, works at the level of a 5 Star hotel Concierge. He knows the ins and outs of the Santa Cruz area.
Go to Red Bar on 200 Locust Street for a drink but eat at Planet Fresh before. Also on Locust Street

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel.. facing the trees.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo