“Sweet Place”

Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Ouarzazate, Morocco
“Sweet Place”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was a fun little place for the three traveling friends. A bit dated, but rooms with really tall wooden ceilings, ceiling fans (in case you need to cool down after all that freezing fog out there!). Quaint. Good breakfast too! I see a few complaints about the lack of A/C. Well, most people and businesses in that part of California do not have A/C as it/s right on the coast and rarely even gets into the 80s.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
InnAtPasatiempo, Public Relations Manager at Inn at Pasatiempo, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, you are correct. Our location provides somewhere of a natural AC, but we do understand that a few days out of the summer can be warmer than others. In the event that a room is too warm for comfort, we can provide a portable fan at front desk upon request. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We hope you visit us again in the near future.

Inn at Pasatiempo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We checked in and fell in love with the hotel. We also had the absolute best service and food at the hotel's steakhouse. We even gave our compliments to the reservation clerk upon our check out. Our problem started after we checked out. Two days later (while still on vacation in another city) we received a "courtesy call" from the hotel's manager informing us that we had stolen a hair dryer from the room and either needed to return it immediately or be charged $35. We explained that we had not even used a hair dryer during our stay, but the manager claimed we took it. I had to ask her 3 times where the hair dryer was kept in the room before she would respond, and when I offered to come back to the hotel to look for it, I was told we would not be let in the room because other guests had checked in already and they had had to be supplied with a hair dryer. When I told her we were going to stop by anyway I was told there was no reason to because she wouldn't speak to us about it. When I asked who else I could speak to about the charge, she told me "no one." We were given no way at all to solve this dispute and were simply told our credit card was being charged, then She hung up on me, though I had not even raised my voice. Beware!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Patricia S

Travelers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Hemet, California
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Booked this room through priceline. No mention of no A/C. It is 90 degrees and no A/C. I called the front desk and they informed me the hotel does not have A/C, but she could bring me a "portable unit". She arrived with a box fan - not a portable unit. I asked if I could check out and get my money back. She responded that I would need to call priceline to get the refund. I did this and when priceline contacted the hotel to process the request, they refused. They did offer to put me in an upgraded room. When I inquired if this room had A/C, I was told no. So needless to say, I checked out without a refund and have checked into another hotel - with A/C!! For about $35 more I have a king suite at the best western. Much happier here; though not happy to have paid for 2 hotel rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FrequentTraveler4579
La Crescenta, CA
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed there recently with our small dog. The location was great. Although not walking distance to downtown, we got to UCSC(to see our daughter) in less than 5 minutes, downtown in less. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable bed. The walls were pretty solid. It was sold out that night, but never heard our neighbors. Nice toiletries.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tcardona
InnAtPasatiempo, Manager at Inn at Pasatiempo, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is great for visitors to the area because of our close proximity to UCSC, as you stated, and also great restaurants, boutique shops, and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We hope you consider us on your next trip to the area.

The Inn at Pasatiempo
Ukiah, California
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The location of this Hotel is nice in the respect that it is safe and a very easy drive to all Santa Cruz has to offer. The draw back is that it is not within walking distance of anything. The bedding was ok except for the pillows which were so lofty with foam that they were impossible to sleep on (especially if you sleep on your stomach or side). If you are "pillow particular" I suggest bringing your own. The Motel is a bit dated and the light fixtures could use replacing but it was clean. The walls did seam rather thin as I could hear every word of my neighbors phone conversation. It has a nice pool and landscapping (no spa) ahnd also a resturant. I would have been happy had they served breakfast however it did not (this was a Saturday morning). Over all I would really give it more of a 2.5 rating.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the buildings have two windows
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are sorry you found aspects of our hotel that were not to your liking. You are correct; we are not walking distance to any specific location because we are right off Highway 17. We are about two to three miles from restaurants, boutique shops, and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Unfortunately, we do not provide continental breakfast seven days a week, but we do offer it from Monday-Saturday. You may have missed the time frame that it was available. Thank you again for posting a review. We hope you consider us on your next trip to Santa Cruz.

santa cruz, california
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I never got to check in, ... because of the rudeness of the people there!!! I asked for a supervisor and a hispanic woman (around 40) was so rude as to tell the first girl to have me escorted out! Puzzled, I asked her if she treats all customers this way? She turned to leave and I asked to speak to her supervisor. A guy (about 25) came out only to re-inforce his "manager". I asked who was his boss and he said, "his dad" owned the place. I asked to speak to his dad and he said his dad was in Mexico. I was never treated so badly in all the hotels I've ever stayed in around the world.... DON'T STAY THERE, RUDE PEOPLE!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank samadhi_8
Fort Benton, MT
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel in the Santa Cruz area and live not that far away near san Jose. It was just outside of Santa Cruz but you could be at the beaches in ten minutes & it is also very close to the UC campus. We had a discount and decided to stop by. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and beautiful grounds. The room was huge! If you go there ask for the handicapped room (if it is not needed). It was on the end near the restaurant. The food is pricey but good and the bar has an excellent ambiance with a fireplace. We were both very pleasantly surprised. They also included a "breakfast" but it was just adequate. The usual oatmeal, juice, pastries but it was nice because we didn't even know it was included. there is an outdoor deck that overlooks the beautiful grounds and the swimming pool was sparkling clean even tho it was winter. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: corner room was very nice
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple