Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$207
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$279
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$209
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$270
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$420
$383
Hilton.com
$479
$465
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$299
  • Pool
Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$379
$368
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$314
All reviewshi expressfront deskunderground garagefree breakfastthe hotel is cleanwould stay here againking suitebreakfast roombeds were comfortablenice stayone night staybeach boardwalkparkingfreewaydowntownucsccalifornia
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Santa Cruz Holiday Inn express for 9 days. The location was excellent and easy to access - I flew into SFO and caught a shuttle bus direct to the hotel. The staff were wonderful throughout - helpful and happy to go out of their way to provide what I needed - from check in/out through to admin support throughout my stay. The room was spotless, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom clean. The breakfast was also faultless with eggs, bacon, pastries, fresh fruit, juices, toast, pancakes etc and all hot and fresh. The only criticism is that if you like good coffee then bring your own!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2016

Nice rooms, lobby, and pool. Decent breakfast. Awoke to find no hot water, called the front desk who said tgey were unaware of any problems, but would check on it. Still no hot water 2 hours later when I needed to check out. Was told then that maintenance had drained the hot water tank and was refilling it. Have contacted their manager via phone and email multiple times over last few days. No response.Terrible customer service Joel Koper.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2016

Dear cmccarty2016,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz, CA. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 1, 2016

Arrived at Holiday Inn Express an hour before check-in and was told our room had been cleaned first because we are an Awards Member. Walked in the room and it had been trashed. Beer cans all over, trash overflowing, beds disgusting, and lots more. They apologized at front desk, but said in the computer it showed it as clean. It wasn't ready until way after check out. Then the room phone didn't work so I had to use my cell phone to call front desk the next morning to report I had no hot water to shower with. He said the hot water had been drained and to give it an hour it should be warm by then and proceeded to tell me I could "sink wash" my hair. If I'm paying $450.00 a night I should not have to "sink wash" my hair. Never staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Jan W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2016

Dear Jan W,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz, CA and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with cleanliness, housekeeping and shower experience. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Santa Cruz.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 13, 2016

We stayed here when we visited the bay area. The suite for 4 was very spacious especially compared to the same hotel in SF. Free breakfast and a very attentive staff. The gym was not the best but other than that no complaints. And it is a 3 minute drive to downtown Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the suites if you have 3 or more people. Very spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2016

This hotel was unexpectedly good.

The price was reasonable... about average for the locale.

The staff was friendly.

The room was beautifully appointed: high end bathroom, high end bedding, high end chairs, etc.

The breakfast was great for a medium-end buffet.

Oh... and there was a donut shop across the street.

My kids rated it 4-stars... but they were comparing it to Four Seasons... so at an absolute level, this hotel was comparable to the best hotels around. Compared to a bunch of hotels in Santa Cruz, this place is great.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family