“better than expected”

Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed January 12, 2014

we have family in Santa Cruz and usually stay at the Hilton in Scotts Valley. We decided to stay here to save a bit of money and the longer drive at night. We were very pleased. The staff was so nice...at check-in they noticed my husband uses a cane, so they upgraded us to a handicapped room. Very good amenities. Quiet hotel, very good location. we didn't try the breakfast - not much for a gluten-free vegetarian! but very lovely stay and nice staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank kboc
M D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear kboc,

We loved having you with us, and we can only hope that you come and visit us again soon. We always want to make sure that our guests needs are met and we train our staff to see opportunities to share new ways to enjoy their stay. I will share with our team so that we can continue our inspirational ways and find new ones to help always keep you smiling.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed for two nights in a single bed room, king sized bed. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was very clean. Stayed on the first floor close to the breakfast area. Noise in the hallway could be heard in the room, but was able to fall asleep easily and stayed asleep. The outside of the hotel is well kept, with a parking garage. Parking spaces were small, but had no problem finding a parking spot. It is a short drive to the downtown area and the boardwalk. Area surrounding hotel seems pretty safe with a gas station right across the street. Overall the stay was great, and the price was decent.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Erin S

Dear ErinS,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share about your impressive experience. I was glad to see that you enjoyed how our hotel was centrally located to all things Santa Cruz and that you were happy to enjoy the amenities at the hotel. We love our town and we love that when you step out of our lobby its a mere 5 minutes drive to any major destination in town.

Come back again soon, we loved having you and cant wait to see you again!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Just what you would expect for an overnight stopover, holiday inn express hotel.
Hotel was clean and comfortable, we had a 2 bed queen suite that was a very large room with a small kitchenette, its off the beaten track but on a main road. There was a pool gym and free WIFI
Good quality for an overnight stopover.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank tam6572

Tam6572,

I am excited to see that you enjoyed the large suites we offer. They certainly allow for a very open feeling. All of our rooms have high ceilings and the suites additional space makes it feel even more open and airy. They are not to be missed and a perfect option for traveling families or couples. Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing about your fantastic stay. I will be sharing with our team and I hope you visit us again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My introduction to the hotel was through a phone call to see when I could check in. I was met with enthusiasm; a person who really cares named Katrina. I found out that she is the front manager there. However, almost everyone there was really ready to help. The electronic devices had to be repaired due to other guests breaking things (reason for missing star in rating); the head of maintenance was ready to do whatever it took to get things right.

There were genuine smiles there and a great specific example of the support is that I had left some articles of clothing hanging in the closet after I had left. Katrina, with her personal touch, packed the items and shipped them to my home. Unreal! in today’s impersonal business environment.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor and away from pool area are quieter. Use the ehternet connection on the third...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank mattg885

Dear Matt G,

What a wonderful review and thank you so much for the kind words about our staff and leaders. I will be sharing your comments and experience so they can celebrate your inspirational stay. It really makes my day to see that our team cares so much for our guests and that we are insuring stay impressed moments through out your visit. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I will pass along your amazing comments,

Creating great hotels guests love,

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Not only is the Holiday Inn Express the right price but in a safe location. This 3 year old hotel is FRESH, CLEAN, and has a very FRIENDLY, HELPFUL STAFF! Normal HIE breakfast that is good. The service from the reception desk (Derrick) to the very kind maintenance man (Kevin) who helps us with our bags was superb. It is located on Ocean St which is a main street to get anywhere in Santa Cruz. Go stay here when you need a place to relax in Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: Stayed on front side and really did not notice street noise!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Fuz13,

What an exciting time you must have had while in Santa Cruz. I am so glad that we were part of the reason you loved your stay. Our staff loves to see all of our guests having an amazing experience and it is good to know we continue to be on track with superior guest service. Love that you shared that we are FRESH and CLEAN, two words that we live on. Thank you for telling everybody they should stay with us but we loved having you and I hope we get to see you again soon in Santa Cruz.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had the recent opportunity to be able to stay in this Hotel on business. I stayed over 30 days. I would recommend it to anyone staying 30 days or one day. Very clean and very comfortable. Service is amazing!! Katrina and Michael, the managers, will bend over backwards for you and do what they can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Brandon, Derrick, Yolanda, Chris and Jay will help you in any way they can also. Thank you Brandon for finding us a great restaurant for Thanksgiving. Housekeeping and maintenance were super nice and really good at their job. You get to know the staff members when you've stayed as long as we have.
If I had to fault this Hotel it would be for the pillows and breakfast. I'm hoping they buy new pillows soon and breakfast is OK. I'd like to see oatmeal (not instant) and waffles offered.
It's a very convenient as it's right off the freeway, but not so close you hear the traffic. I will stay here in the future and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Rhonda G,

Oh how we miss you already Rhonda! Thank you so much for being our guest and having your hard working co-workers with us. We know that when you work as hard as your group does you need to come back to a place that isn't just a hotel but truly a home where you can just be you being you. This is the place to be and I know that if you ever come our way again we will have you as our guest once more; something that would excite our staff to no ends.

I hope that you continued travels are amazing and that we have you home again soon as we truly adored having you as our guest.

Your friend,

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacious. Free breakfast has many choices and the free wifi worked well. The staff members were friendly and helpful. I will stay here again the next time travel brings me to the area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AggieSongbird

Dear AggieSongBird,

Thank you so much for the lovely review and sharing how great you stay was. I hope as well that you stay with us again soon as we were very thankful to you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that you consider us your Santa Cruz home away from home and you not stay away too long as we would love to see you again.