Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$130
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$169
$259
$251
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
$239
  • Pool
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Pool
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$317
$239
Hotels.com
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$299
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$178
$163
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$125
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$204
$165
Agoda.com
All reviewshi expresscinnamon rollsunderground garageshort drivefree breakfastwould stay here againclean hotelking suitebeds were very comfortablebreakfast roomroad tripparkingboardwalkfreewayhousekeepingdowntownhallway
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Not only is the Holiday Inn Express the right price but in a safe location. This 3 year old hotel is FRESH, CLEAN, and has a very FRIENDLY, HELPFUL STAFF! Normal HIE breakfast that is good. The service from the reception desk (Derrick) to the very kind maintenance man (Kevin) who helps us with our bags was superb. It is located on Ocean St which is a main street to get anywhere in Santa Cruz. Go stay here when you need a place to relax in Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: Stayed on front side and really did not notice street noise!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
M D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Fuz13,

What an exciting time you must have had while in Santa Cruz. I am so glad that we were part of the reason you loved your stay. Our staff loves to see all of our guests having an amazing experience and it is good to know we continue to be on track with superior guest service. Love that you shared that we are FRESH and CLEAN, two words that we live on. Thank you for telling everybody they should stay with us but we loved having you and I hope we get to see you again soon in Santa Cruz.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had the recent opportunity to be able to stay in this Hotel on business. I stayed over 30 days. I would recommend it to anyone staying 30 days or one day. Very clean and very comfortable. Service is amazing!! Katrina and Michael, the managers, will bend over backwards for you and do what they can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Brandon, Derrick, Yolanda, Chris and Jay will help you in any way they can also. Thank you Brandon for finding us a great restaurant for Thanksgiving. Housekeeping and maintenance were super nice and really good at their job. You get to know the staff members when you've stayed as long as we have.
If I had to fault this Hotel it would be for the pillows and breakfast. I'm hoping they buy new pillows soon and breakfast is OK. I'd like to see oatmeal (not instant) and waffles offered.
It's a very convenient as it's right off the freeway, but not so close you hear the traffic. I will stay here in the future and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Rhonda G,

Oh how we miss you already Rhonda! Thank you so much for being our guest and having your hard working co-workers with us. We know that when you work as hard as your group does you need to come back to a place that isn't just a hotel but truly a home where you can just be you being you. This is the place to be and I know that if you ever come our way again we will have you as our guest once more; something that would excite our staff to no ends.

I hope that you continued travels are amazing and that we have you home again soon as we truly adored having you as our guest.

Your friend,

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacious. Free breakfast has many choices and the free wifi worked well. The staff members were friendly and helpful. I will stay here again the next time travel brings me to the area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AggieSongbird

Dear AggieSongBird,

Thank you so much for the lovely review and sharing how great you stay was. I hope as well that you stay with us again soon as we were very thankful to you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that you consider us your Santa Cruz home away from home and you not stay away too long as we would love to see you again.

Yours,

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our crisp, clean and simply appointed room at the Holiday Inn. This Express seems to have everything from a lovely sheltered pool, small exercise room, sauna, business center and breakfast room WITH the ever-popular pancake machine! Even in the fall good rooms are hard to come by in Santa Cruz, so book early. One other piece of advice, if you want a quiet breakfast, you best get to the breakfast room very early to avoid having to sit at the cafe tables on the entrance driveway. That pancake machine is quite a draw!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Greg B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Our hotel is driven by our guests so it is so important to hear about their experiences. I am happy to see that your stay was so good and got to see our world famous pancake machine. Nothing says good morning like instant hot pancakes.

I hope that when traveling again you visit us and stay impressed with what we have to offer our guests,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was just up there with my sister a week ago on our annual sister trip. The hotel was right off the freeway, so pretty easy to find. Our room was clean and comfortable, too. Breakfast both mornings was great. I've stayed at a few places who do serve breakfast as part of your stay, but this place had the best, by far. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. Katrina stands out for me, however. I'm a bit of an airhead, and discovered, 2 hrs into our trip home, that I'd forgotten something very important to me in the room. She went right upstairs to look for it, found it, and mailed it to me that day. I would definitely stay here again on our next trip.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

LernieB,

Thank you so much for saying we are the Best Place to Stay In Santa Cruz! That is really amazing feedback and I am so happy my team and our hotel could inspire such a rave review. It looks like simply everything at the hotel exceeded your expectations and that can not make us happier to hear. I have already shared your comments with our team and they were ecstatic to see about how things went.

Just wow, and thank you SO MUCH for staying with us and sharing about your visit. Come back soon we can't wait to have you visit again.

Yours,