Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$169
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$117
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$180
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$168
$161
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$359
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $420/night.

$329
$319
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$236
$210
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$237
$223
Autograph
  • Pool
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$233
$178
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$249
$239
Priceline
All reviewshi expresscinnamon rollsunderground garageshort drivefree breakfastthe hotel is cleanwould stay here againking suitebreakfast roomroad tripparkingboardwalkfreewayhousekeepingdowntownucschallway
Reviewed March 15, 2013

pretty much your standard Holiday Inn Express and has everything you would expect. We would have stayed again a second night but decided to get a bed and breakfast in Monterey on our way down to Big Sur as a day trip. If you arrive late as we did, none of the restaurants were open after 9 or 10pm but we were recommended the pizza place (sorry cant remember the name) and it was delicious!! The breakfast was good, filled us up and the room was spacious also clean. They had 2 PC's in the lobby which we used before checkout and they let us leave our car underground so we could walk around and get a coffee after we checked out before leaving on our road trip. No complaints! I recommended staying here! If I go back to Santa Cruz this will be my first choice for a stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HIE_Santa_Cruz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear drock5280,

Excellence and Simplicty! We love that and may I say you are simply excellent for taking the time to share your feedback. It is awesome to hear that we will be your hands down first choice when coming back to Santa Cruz. So I say to you, come back soon, come back often, and just say hello because we appreciate you so much for making us your number one that you will always be #1 to us. Your loyality, your time, and kind words inspire us as we continue to create Great Hotels Guests Love!

Looking forward to your return,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Santa Cruz Hollday Inn Express is a very competent inn. It is clean, staffed with a pleasant staff and quite comfortable. The rooms are sufficiently spacious and well appointed. The price is reasonable. It is virtually in downtown SC. Near numerous restaurants, it is a good choice for business or pleasure travel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear rossbacher,

You are speaking my language my friend, business and travel... whatever your are in Santa Cruz for we will make you feel swept away with meeting all your needs! Thank you so much for your gracious comments and taking the time to share with our community. Santa Cruz has so many things to see and do that our central location to downtown is definately a great option for corporate or leisure travel.

Our team wants that 5th and final star so come back and visit us soon so we can make another great stay for you and earn that "score of perfection" it would mean alot to us to make your travels that enjoyable.

Wishing great travels,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way through California on our honeymoon. This hotel was clean, comfortable, and the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly! The location wasn't the greatest, but we only stayed the one night. I think good quality can always be expected at the Holiday Inn Expresses.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Turkette,

CONGRATULATIONS! We love newlyweds and we are so deeply honored you spent such a special time in your lives with us. I am so glad to see you had such an amazing stay with us and that you enjoyed our superstar team at the front desk. We understand that when traveling you want to feel relaxed, yourself, and impressed with your surrondings. Our team knows that while the hotel is beutifully decorated, spacious, and centrally located we are equally invested in your time in Santa Cruz. We love to share everything we know and I hope you got some of that local culture from our teams suggestions. Swing back through one time and let us know when you are back so we can make another inspirational stay for you!

Thanks again for taking the time to share, it means alot to my team and me personally.

Wishing you much married bliss,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights. I am a loyal HIE customer so I can say with some experience that the property, furnishings, decor, etc. are all very nice and on the upper tier of what Holiday Inn Express offers. However, my travel companion and I both had to resort to wearing earplugs at night. We could easily hear the people talking in the room next to us, we kept hearing a banging sound like a door or drawer opening and closing (and, no, it wasn't THAT), and in the morning we were greeted by lots of getting ready sounds in the rooms near us.

Our second night there, we arrived after dinner at about 10pm to find no available parking spaces that would fit anything other than a motorcycle or a Prius. Thanks to pillars and poor choices of how to stripe the garage, there was a number of largely useless spaces. We were grateful that the manager gave us (and another guest having the same issue) permission to park in spots normally off-limits.

To end on a positive note, the breakfast was fresh, tasty, and had a nice selection of hot items including scrambled eggs, omelettes, and pancakes. My travel companion is also now a huge fan of the cinnamon rolls. I would stay here again but would definitely wear earplugs every night and I'd try to rent a smaller car.

Room Tip: To reduce noise, ask for a room facing NOT facing the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
HIE_Santa_Cruz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear ToniPortland_OR,

I greatly appreciate that even with some issues you were able to have a great stay. In Santa Cruz we do have limited space due to our local geography but our team is always there to find creative ways to wow each guest. I am sorry to hear about the noise issue and as a loyal Holiday Inn Express guest I greatly appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to give your feedback. Please do contact me as i would love to discuss your last visit with us and create a VIP experience for you in the future.

We strive to have every guest leave feeling inspired and I would love to create a winning story for you and all your future stays with us here in Santa Cruz.

mmeredith@hiesantacruz.com
831-466-9100

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here for one night while we were passing through Santa Cruz. Upon arrival, we were required to sign a "no party" policy. The person checking us in, Andrew, said it was a bit out of the ordinary that they required this to be signed, but it would ensure us an "absolutely quiet night of rest". Well, that didn't happen.

We returned from dinner to tons of noise outside our window. We opened the curtains to find out the pool was literally 5 feet from our window!!! No wonder the curtains were closed when we first entered the room. There was a high school swimming team at the hotel while we were there and they were incredibly loud in the pool area. That all stopped around 10:30, but then all the other noises started.....slamming doors, toilets flushing, people running in the halls, etc. The walls are really thin, so you hear everything. We tried to turn the fan on for white noise, but there wasn't an option for it to run continuously it kept shutting on and off. It's ironic that they make you sign a noise policy when their own building isn't designed to be quiet. Why on earth would you put a pool that close to the rooms??? When I checked out, I was asked if everything was OK. I complained about the noise level and her response was "Oh, that's because we had a swim team staying here". That shouldn't matter, especially if you had them sign the same policy we had.

The rooms are large with big, modern bathrooms. That was a plus.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room AWAY from the pool. Most rooms face the pool and it's very, very close to the building with lots of noise echoing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HIE_Santa_Cruz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Morgan88,

I deeply apologize that this was your experience at out hotel, it is not typical to receive this complaint because we do take our guests satisfaction so seriously and especially wish for anybody staying with us to feel like they can be themselves at all times in a quiet, calm, and relaxing location like guests usually do during their time with us. Your experience is very valuable to me and my team and we will certainly be using it to improve our standard of excellence. Please contact me directly as I would like to discuss this with you further and help to correct this experience and offer my personal apologies.

831-295-6001