All reviews wine and cheese afternoon cookies cottage suite the cliff continental breakfast crackers deluxe king watch surfers salt water taffy sound of the waves overlooking the ocean falling asleep boiled eggs private patio spa room awesome views gas fireplace
Reviewed January 14, 2017

We got the last room available & it was a wonderful room. Covered parking, kitchen/dining, living room. There is a patio on the back of the room that over looks the water, there is a hot tub and grill on the patio. I read some other reviews that said the area was noisy all hours. Although it is in a busy area we did not notice the noise while in our room. They do offer a continental breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank thisisridicul0us
Reviewed January 11, 2017

This was a great little hotel right by the boardwalk. It was easy to find and we were able to walk to dinner. Every room has a view.

We particularly loved the fireplace in our room - it had a push start and warmed us right up. We opened the windows for just a bit and loved being able to hear the Sea Lions barking in the night. It was nice and quiet, though, with the windows shut.

It isn't fancy, but it is clean and updated. We were very happy staying here and would stay again.

Room tip: I'm not sure if they have elevators, so if you have a lot of luggage, you might go with a bottom floor.
1  Thank Trisha M
Reviewed January 10, 2017

I have stayed in this hotel several times in the last few years. Every time has been lovely. The view, the happy hour wine and cheese snacks by the fireplace, the breakfast bar in the morning, it's always been lovely. This time the rooms had had an upgrade since the last time I was there. The decor was lovely and the beds were so amazingly comfy and quiet. I was traveling with a friend and even though I was awake an hour before she was, she did not hear me rustling around in bed !

Room tip: You may want to request an upstairs room as there was a bit of foot traffic going past our room on the way to breakfast.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2017

We stayed at the Sea and Sand Inn the first week in January 2017. This probably impacts my review because the weather was terrible and the town was not busy. This inn is very convenient to the Santa Cruz wharf and boardwalk as well as nice walks along W. Cliff Ave. The view is really pretty. We stayed in one of the larger suites located at the end of the property so guests were not passing in front of our rooms. The suite was very clean, good beds, nice fire. We did not notice traffic noise from this room but again, lousy rainy weather might be the reason why. The staff was very helpful. They have a nice wine and cheese "reception" in the evening. Breakfast was standard continental fare. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: This is a relatively small inn. All rooms overlook the ocean.
Reviewed January 4, 2017

Our desire to stay and the Sea & Sand was primarily its proximity to the boardwalk. I was searching for a place a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk, but wanted to be close enough we could walk there. This was a perfect fit. The location in in unparalleled. You are above the beach; have an awesome view of the pier and coastline. However, the room we stayed in was in need of renovation; drawers were broken (fell off tracks), towel holders were popping out of the walls, and a wall socket was precariously positioned where the bathroom door slid open and possibly got caught on the door and jimmied it to the side (a little scary)!

We stayed over new years weekend. We expected a noisy crowd. It wasn't too bad. The room above us celebrated into the night. The management quieted them down upon receiving complaints (from other guests)! We didn't want to complain, since we knew it was New Year's Eve!

However, the walls were quite thin. We could hear everything going on outside. So, if you're a light sleeper, request a second floor room. Also, our rooms wall was a common wall to the walkway which probably attributed to the high level of noise we experienced. The walkway metal gate was quite heavy (good construction), but due to the lack of insulation or thicker walls, made for a noisy night.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I'm a light sleeper, so I would've preferred a second floor room, and not along a common pathway. I should have thought to ask those questions when I booked the room. I will next time!

The fresh cookies and wine and cheese in the afternoon/evening were a nice treat. The staff were very welcoming and attentive. I would recommend this hotel.

Room tip: If a light sleeper, ask for a second floor room away from a common walkway where gates are located.