Sea & Sand Inn
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$200
$180
ComfortInn
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$169
$329
$319
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$141
$117
QualityInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$168
$161
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$237
$223
Autograph
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$210
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$162
  • Breakfast included
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$208
$178
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$359
  • Pool
All reviewswine and cheeseafternoon cookiescottage suitethe cliffcrackersdeluxe kingcontinental breakfastwatch surfersfresh baked cookiesoverlooking the oceansalt water taffysound of the wavesprivate patioboiled eggsfalling asleepspa roomgas fireplace
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at the Sea and Sand Inn in December of 2011 on Christmas Eve. We had flown into San Francisco and rented a car to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway. It had been a very long day and we only made it as far as Santa Cruz when we decided to stop for the night. We had not made any prior reservations and were being free spirits! I had read about the Sea and Sand Inn before coming to California and so I wanted to check it out. As it turned out, they had rooms available! When we checked in we were warmly greeted by Deeder who booked us into a room on the bottom floor of the hotel. I really don't like the bottom floor as I can almost always hear people walking above me.....this was no exception! I asked my husband to go and ask if we could be booked into another room on the top floor. When my husband returned, he had a huge smile on his face and said, "Wait 'til you see this!" He led me upstairs to a suite that had a fireplace, a private balcony and a whirlpool tub for two!! It was beautiful! I asked how much he had to pay for it and he said, "Nothing". Deeder had simply upgraded us and said, "Merry Christmas!" How wonderful!! I awoke in the morning to the sound of sea lions barking.......a fresh cup of coffee in my hand as I stared at the beautiful ocean on Christmas morning! I have been dreaming of the Sea and Sand Inn ever since!! We are hoping to be back this Christmas!

Room Tip: Absolutely pay a little extra for a suite....you will not be sorry!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed midweek. It was quiet on the beach and so we slept with the windows open listening to the waves. Pretty nice. I can imagine, on a noisy hot weekend, feeling like some previous reviewers, but it was a great last night in California for us. Loved it.

The place is right next to some pretty pricey bijoux hotels and it offers (free) evening wine and cheese and beachfront tables & chairs on the grass while they don't. Chatty front desk staff,, good sized rooms, clean and decent bathrooms. The only downside is a long (30 mins plus) walk to any restaurants above diner level.

We'd certainly return - at least off season.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We checked in at 2am when we got tired of looking for the perfect place to stay. Woke up to find that we were in the perfect place! Fabulous views across the bay, comfortable beds, lovely bathrooms, friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: All sea facing!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Alot of partyiers called desk they didnt pick up had to finally go up no avail. When we finally got to sleep it was disturbed by other guests room was average nothing special but the overpricing dont know about a next time here i guess if theres no other place tip many places r booked many months in advance n winter prices r substancially lower but down side is nothing is as nice as summer oh a note dont walk through beach flats at nite gangs n drugs r bad

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is an old style Motel/Inn property in a great location. parking is fairly straight forward.
The gardens are nicely tendered and make the place a bit special.
Staff are helpful but you don't need any further input.
It would be great to have the first floor access walkways on the road side so that all rooms could benefit from sea views without people walking backwards and forwards.
Slight downside is that the rooms are aired using a gas heater which is permanently on and it is a little worrying regarding Carbon Monoxide. These should be uprated to electric heaters.
We recommend this Motel/Inn.

Room Tip: First Floor has better view of the beach area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family