“Great location and Cozy Rooms”

Ocean Pacific Lodge
Ranked #26 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We waited until the last minute on the Memorial Day weekend to book a room, and we were a little skeptical when we pulled into the parking lot. The hotel exterior looks a little dated. The front desk assistant had no personality but she was professional so it was ok. We asked for a room on the 3rd floor when we reserved the room and that's exactly what we got. The King/Jacuzzi room was very spacious and smelled good. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable.The location was great as well. It was a couple of blocks from the boardwalk and parking at the hotel was free for guests, so we didn't have to worry about parking. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LilRedFoxx

Reviewed May 17, 2009

I've stayed at a couple of places in Santa Cruz before and they've been overpriced and dingy. The Ocean Pacific Lodge is hardly upscale, but it provides clean, adequate lodging. The room was good, if unremarkable; everything worked. But the location -- just a short walk from the Boardwalk -- can't be beat at this price. The included continental breakfast was typical. For the price, it is the best I've found so far in Santa Cruz

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bear61058
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We were a little nervous after our last experience in Santa Cruz at another hotel. This place was great. Attentive staff, eco friendly, breakfast included, clean rooms. Bed was comfortable and clean, shower was good. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hotwavy72
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Location was GREAT! Just a few blocks from the beach & wharf. The rooms were clean and simple. I slept fine except for the loud, young girls screaming in the middle of the night. My husband said the beds were uncomfortable. But you can't expect a lot from an inexpensive hotel. We didn't eat the breakfast because there was no protein available all muffins, toast, cereal and drinks. My 7 year old daughter swam in the FREEZING pool and enjoyed the spa. I thought the pool was heated but it is "seasonal." That was a bummer. I will pay a little more next time and get a better hotel. In the end, good price for the location and families on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2009

Came to Santa Cruz to relax and get away for awhile. I was a little sketical about booking online. I was pleasantly surprised upon my arrival at the place it was nice and neat and well kept. The attendant upgraded the room to a bigger room because they did not have the two queen size bedI requested. So we were accomadated with a big room with a frontroom and our favorite jacuzzi tub which was quite soothing for me and my wife. It was good I asked if it was okay to stay another night in the same room. I was informed by the attendant he would try to accomadate us and he did. We enjoyed our stay. The breakast was good. I recommend anyone to stay here. Close to the boardwalk.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank meandz
Reviewed February 5, 2009

Check in was fine following online reservation. We were given a queen bedded room on the second floor, which was perfectly acceptable. The elevator worked just fine. Discovered that this town is popular for surfers and the majority of the residents seemed to fit this description. The continental breakfast was excellent - cerial&milk with bread &toaster also available for us Europeans. A good tourist motel and would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2008

some of the lights in the room were out, the shower head didn't work properly etc...
the breakfast was great, and for the price we paid, I guess you can't ask for much more than that.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family