Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$210
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$207
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$259
$237
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$281
$270
ComfortInn
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$249
$479
$465
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$336
$319
  • Pool
Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$379
$368
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$321
$255
Agoda.com
All reviewsroom was cleangreat locationwafflestv channelsfree parkingcold cerealadjoining roomswaffle makerbusy weekendfree breakfastmicrowave and refrigeratordowntown areacalled the front deskparking lotwharfboardwalktubs
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Located along the road to the beach this hotel offers value for money. Once has to bargain, being an AAA member or whatsoever but you can get good rates depending on the time of the year as well as the weeken or weekdays..
We stayed in room 302. It is to be recommended to get a room on the 2nd or certainly the 3rd floor and not above the pool. Room was spacious, clean and had the amenities one may expect. WiFi is free as well as the coffee and tea in the room. If there is a "complaint" to make it is the fact the bedroom is on the street side, but hey you can't have it all can you?
We certainly will come back to this place if we are in the neighborhood.

The hotel is famous for its annual festival of "woodies" and years booked in advance. So don't try to get a room in this time frame. Woodies are old cars with wooden side panels.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank globetrotter1311
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ocean Pacific Lodge in the King Junior Suite on the third floor for two nights. The room was clean, there was great water pressure in the shower, the bed and other furniture were quite comfortable and even with early morning soccer games at the park right behind us, we were able to sleep in in the morning and relax at night. Also, the air unit and the mini fridge were very quiet. One of the best additions was the Keurig coffee maker in our room with a few different k-cups to choose from. I have one of these machines at home and was pleasantly surprised when I saw it in the room. The only reason I did not give an "Excellent" review is because the wifi was very weak in our room. That ended up being alright though since we were in town to get away from it all and connect with family and friends. Another complaint was with parking (NOT THE FAULT OF THE LODGE!) The spaces seemed narrow so other patrons had parked in ways that made it seem like we were trying to squeeze in to parking spaces. Other than those two things, we had a great stay. I will recommend this hotel to friends and family in the future and my husband and I will likely stay there again!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed here Saturday, September 24, 2011 in a King suite with jacuzzi tub for the Santa Cruz Triathlon on Sunday, September 25, 2011. The accommodation was great...spacious and quiet on the third floor (made me wonder about earplugs provided on the bed stand), and I was glad I paid for the modest upgrade to this level. I was very happy, and slept very well before my event. There is a pool and hot tub that I didn't use, but looked like a favorite of many happy families staying there. The hotel provides a light continental breakfast, which I also did not use, but seemed popular with the families there.

I would take my accommodation again in a heartbeat, Across the street from the Triathlon staging area, great to soak in the jacuzzi the night before and all the basic amenities in place.

The one glitch was on communication. I had requested a late check out of 1 p.m. so that I could shower before hitting the road back home. I made the reservation and request months in advance based on a recommendation from a colleague in the Santa Cruz City Manager's Office, and asked for a 1 p.m. check out knowing I would finish the Triathlon in less than 4 hours, plenty of time time for a shower before a 1 p.m. check out. I double checked on this arrangement twice and actually got a call back from a receptionist who said that he cleared the 1 p.m. check out with the manager.

So I was surprised when I showed up after the triathlon at 12 noon on Sunday September 25, 2011 with the cleaning staff in my room finishing up the cleaning. They were mono lingual Spanish speaking and very gracious and called to the front desk to clarify. The cleaning woman put me on the phone and I explained the situation, telling the English speaking clerk that my little room card envelope was inscribed with a 1 p.m. check-out, as I requested, and all the history that went along with it. She finally agreed that I could stay til 1 p.m, but not without a bit of push-back, which I felt was not very customer friendly. So I got to clean myself up after the event, made sure I left little impact for the housekeeping staff and gave them a handsome tip.

A bit of a wrinkle on an otherwise good experience, and I hope I don't see an extra charge on my credit card.

Overall excellent experience, but the hotel could be better if it focused more on these type of communication problems. Very preventable

Room Tip: Overlook the minor problems I describe. A good value
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JimGoes
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Good location - walking distance to beach, boardwalk and street of shops/restaurants (can't remember the name). Rooms were spacious and clean. Had a microwave and fridge - but the fridge would sometimes make alot of noise and this did effect our sleep. Didn't have time to go in the pool but the area looked nice. Breakfast was great - big selection of cereals, juice, bread, hot drinks, cakes and even waffle makers. Free parking, ice machines and a laundry room ($2 a wash or dry).

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I saved our money to celebrate our 20th anniversary and thought we were going to stay at a decent hotel ...we were not looking for much just a clean place and a reasonable price.....we got there and they tacked on so many fees we had to question it...and they gave a round about answer...and charged us 50 bucks more....???...and then the carpets were wet and I and sticky and my feet turned black on the bottom from the carpet...the smell every time we entered the room was like a wall of disenfectant and bug spray...wall paper was peeling....wifi...was CRAP....and the television well dont get me started...there was NO reception...my husband said it was Antenna (he works for a large satellite company) and it shut off on us no local channels....and the breakfast room was not stocked or manned by anyone no instructions on how to work the waffel machine....all and all I would never stay there again...to bad I paid in advance....go to any hotel but this one save your self the grief !!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple