“Pet friendly”

Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Modesto, California
“Pet friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2007

Spent Thanksgiving nite here, reserved 2 rooms and arrived a bit early ~ let us check in an hour early. I was concerned about a pet friendly room, but it was great, he also updated one room from one king to two doubles so that was nice too. The breakfast isn't anything to brag about but the price and the stay was great. The bathroom was roomy and we asked for more towels at the office. My duaghters used the hottub. When my dog woke me up at midnite to go outside, I heard the harbor seals!! Our room faced the street which I was a little concerned about, but no problem. For Santa Cruz hotels I will return to this one!! Clean and the price was great!

• Liked — If no one else stole your parking space, you could park right outside your room
  • Disliked — room faced the street,
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank sshikers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lawrenceville, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2007

This hotel was perfect for a short stop on a drive down the coast. It was very reasonable, I'd put it nearing the cost of a Motel 6. If you compare it to Motel 6 you will be very satisfied. We were. It was simple with a simple basic breakfast. Basically the breakfast I would had at home! Toast, cereal, juice. My husband had a frozen waffle. Did the trick and was the cheapest night we had the whole trip. It was in easy walking distance of both the wharf and boardwalk and the downtown shopping area. Santa Cruz downtown is a wonderful freak show at night! We loved it!

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — The parking spaces were very tight.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KathyL69
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2007

We stayed for two nights at the Ocean Pacific Inn the last weekend of October. We had booked two rooms, and when we checked in, much to our delight, one of the rooms was upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. So yes, it's not the fanciest hotel we've ever stayed in. So yes, breakfast is a bit limited. But good heavens, we paid $80 per room per night! How can you beat that? The rooms were clean and large, though a bid threadbare in spots. But again, we paid $80 per room per night! We were within walking distance of the pier and were very happy with everything. There were decent sized refrigerators and microwaves int he rooms, and the closets and dressers were plenty large. The beds were comfortable. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Liked — Value and location
  • Disliked — It's not the Ritz Carlton
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Taxlass23
Northern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2007

I was a bit skeptical with such a reasonable price, but our room was clean and well maintained. Plenty of TV channels to choose from, good lighting. Coffee maker, microwave and fridge. They would not let us check in early, which I've never had a problem doing elsewhere. Pool too cold to use, but clean.
Hot tub was hogged by group of teens, so didn't get to use.
Breakfast: choose wheat or white toast, eggo waffles, 2 choices of cereal, apples. Coffee, juice, milk. Not the worst spread I've seen! But a little sparse.

No problem with noisy neighbors during the night. A little noise starting at six AM with doors closing. I realize each experience due to luck in who is your neighbor. Most of the occupants seemed like normal people. The parking lot is off the main street enough that you are not going to have transients coming through.

Housekeeping does bring their children while working.
Seems wrong when cleaning an occupied room, you know?

So, yes, I'd stay there again if due to price. I saved $50-100 compared to other places I would have picked.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No easy restaurants nearby
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Chico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2007

Booked a "Delux King Room with Jacuzzi Tub"....and paid extra for it: what a mistake.

Room was so small you couldn't pass between the TV and the bed if any of the dresser drawers were open. A/C window unit, which ran continuously or not at all (no thermostat) was very noisy. I finally gave up trying to be cool, and sweated the night out.

The bathroom, recently refurbished was a joke: 3rd grader paint job. The wall paper 1/2 peeled off the wall behind the toiled and partially painted was a nice touch. Metal fixures were rusting. Spa package of soaps and oils was cheaper than what you get in a Motel 6. No vent fan resulted in the place becomming uninhabitable if you attempted to use the tub.

Called the front desk and asked for an Iron....
Me: "Could I get an Iron delivered to Rm xyz"
Girl: "Not right now"
Me: "Uh, well, when ? "
Girl: "I don't know"
Me: "Uh, well, me and my date have dinner reservations in 2 hours, could we get one by then? "
Girl: "Depends on when my replacement is comming into work"

At this point, I'm about to engage, but what do you expect for help at a $160/night hotel, service?

Me: "...... <speachless>
Girl "Okay, I'll "try" to get one to you in a couple hours"
Me: "Okay, thanks"

<Laughter within our room>

10 minutes later, and Iron appeared at the front door.....

Overall, the exterior looks very nice, and it is in a good location. Morning staff was curteous and pleasant; but don't be fooled by the outside.... what's inside is rotten.

• Liked — Location ~ a reasonably short walk to the beach
  • Disliked — Interior room finish, AC Unit, and Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
6 Thank bcjunk99

Travelers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2007

We stay at the Ocean Pacific whenever we visit Santa Cruz. The hotel is clean, has (2) nice hot tubs and pool, and is a short walk to the beach.

The breakfast is a nice touch, and the staff friendly. Overall, a great place to stay, you won't be disappointed!

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank dobie1337
Diamond Bar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

It's a pretty motel just a couple blocks up from the pier and beach. The room was clean and quiet, the staff helpful. The only downside was the parking when I came back in the evening. The spaces seem to be sized for small cars and very few of the guests seem to driving them, so squeezing my Civic into the lot was a bit of work and I was very concerned about getting dinged.

• Liked — Clean quiet room
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo