Dream Inn
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$150
$130
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$169
$259
$251
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$178
$163
Hilton.com
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$327
$239
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$238
$219
Autograph
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$299
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$125
Hotels.com
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$204
$165
Agoda.com
2,067 results
All reviewsself parkpool arearoom servicesound of the wavesbeach accesshotel restaurantocean viewpool and hot tubmonterey baysea lionsprivate balconyamusement parkfamily vacationwest cliff driveoff seasonaquariusvalet
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family was not happy with me for this booking. Much more like a motel than a hotel. May be the best in the area, but not great. It was okay, clean. But noise from hall, outdated furnishing made it our least favorite hotel on vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bellarae3
Katie M, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback about your stay. It is never our intention to provide you with an experience that did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate you sharing the areas that were less than impressive, that of our decor and noise. I am sorry that we fell short in providing you with a stellar vacation getaway. I hope that you will give us another try, as I know we can do better.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Dream while touring the SF bay area. I really like the vibe of this place. It is a 60's modern hotel, but the renovations were done perfectly. The designers/decorators were able to fully update the facilities, but keep a 60's SoCal/Surfer feel that is very inviting and relaxing. The rooms and baths look brand-new, but at the same time, feel very casual and well done. The first thing I did on arrival was to pop the iPod in the in-room player and put on a Beach Boys album!

The pool and deck look brand new. Good pool furniture layout including sofa and chair groupings. The hotel may be one of the few in Santa Cruz with direct access to the beach. Free in-room WiFi. The hotel is right next to the pier which has a lot of good restaurants. The restaurant in the hotel was also very good. We had one breakfast and a dinner there and enjoyed it both times.

A NOTE TO SMOKERS: The City of Santa Cruz apparently hates you and does not want you there. I was told it is one of the few cities in the world that has actually banned all outdoor smoking in the downtown area. You cannot walk down the street with a lit cig. Just a heads up. While I loved the Dream Inn, I will not be returning to Santa Cruz, CA.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard S

Thank you for your awesome 5 Star review! I am so sorry to see you wont return to SC! I am happy to hear that you loved your stay with us and that you had a great time with our updated yet backdated look. It does make you want to play surf music from the 60's. I hope that your love of the Dream Inn will prevail and we will see again!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

First of all I want to say the staff, the girls at the front desk, and anyone we dealt with were fabulous. We booked a Queen Ste with a view for my granddaughters 21st birthday a month in advance. When we walked into the room 111 we were so disappointed. Our view was of the back of the pool bar:( I called the front desk and asked to be moved. They did not have any upgrades, which we would be happy to pay for, but they did have a reg Queen room with a much better view. We did scale down. We just hated the view of Queen ste. As far as both rooms go I do feel the rooms were dated, certainly not 4-5 star. The view is. We had trouble with the heat and air, the refrigerator in the room is for snacks, not cold for drinks or left overs. However, they would bring you a better frig. They have limited supply of those on hand. The rooms have a very nice balcony and we did enjoy sitting out in the evening. Like I said the view 4-5 star the room 3 star, the staff 6 star!! Also we ate at the onsite restaurant, breakfast only, the waitress was very nice and are food very good

Room Tip: Dont book room 111 if you want a view. Its a view of the back of the Pool Bar horrible. I would book 200 or above to avoid the terrible view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charsacutter95694

Thank you for your feedback. I do hope the remainder of the 21st birthday celebration was fantastic! I am sorry that the initial room was not what you had hoped for but I am happy to hear you were pleased with the move. Thank you as well for sharing where we could make some improvements, that of our fridges and A/C-Heating. I am so glad that our staff exhibited 6 Star service! We look forward to many more birthday vacation celebrations!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of four and were visiting fri-sun therefore we were stuck paying a premium. It was very cool to be so close to the Wharf & Boardwalk for our kids. The pool was very family friendly and they kept the temp up so you can enjoy a night swim without freezing. The food at the restaurant was great for breakfast, where you pay more because of the view. The staff was very pleasant, especially the hard working Valet/bellmen! Overall, a great spot for our family. We could see ourselves returning in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Kinikin

I am so glad you had an awesome trip! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Santa Cruz really does have a little bit of everything and being so close to it all your trip is guaranteed to be packed full of fun. We look forward to your next getaway.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Let me begin by saying, the Dream Inn is a fabulous property with all of the amenities including attentive service! As we were planning our wedding, we did a lot of research and looked at Carmel, Monterey and Half Moon Bay venues. When we met with Aurora Smith, Sales & Catering Manager & Wedding Coordinator, we knew that we had found our perfect spot! With the Santa Cruz Boardwalk on one side and the beach on the back side of the hotel, we couldn't have been happier with the location. Aurora met us with a smile from the first meeting all the way through our wedding day. She was very detail oriented and was very throrough in communicating with us throughout the year of our planning. We made several trips to the Dream Inn and stayed the night as often as we could. Aurora and the hotel staff made us feel special & welcome each and every visit. We enjoyed breakfast and lunches at the Aquarius and they have delicious specialty drinks! The nights we stayed at the hotel, Aurora and the team recognized us and always had a special welcome for us in our room. With all of the rooms facing the water, there isn't a bad view anywhere! We made sure that we took time to enjoy the pool deck and hot tub and the pool side service was always spot on. All of the details to our wedding we met by Aurora and her team. We worked with the preferred vendors for our DJ service, flowers and cake. No regrets! We arrived on the Wednesday prior to our Saturday wedding with our family and friends and of course everyone was prepared for our arrival. We were fortunate to stay in the Dream Suite, it was PERFECT for our long stay and wedding festivities. My hair & make-up artists took care of us in our suite and we awoke to breakfast in the room and later lunch was sent up as we continued to get ready for the wedding. Aurora checked in several times throughout the day making sure that I/we had everything we needed and came up with last minute items for the ceremony & reception. She managed a mishap on the beach without falter and made sure that we were not stressing at any point. Aurora was the one who sent me on my way down the aisle and she couldn't have done anything more for us on our special day! The Dream Inn has a phenomenal team at the Front Desk, Valet Service and the catering team. We have since visited and spent the night at the Dream Inn since our wedding on May 4, 2013 and we are continually met with the same welcoming service and smiles throughout the property. We truly found a gem when we met Aurora and we thank her from the bottoms of our hearts for helping make our wedding day so special and as stress-free as possible! We had an enjoyable time at our reception & dance and still are being told by friends and family how much fun they had at our wedding and that it was the most fun wedding they have attended. While we think some of it has to do with us and the guests in attendance, we know that a lot of it is due to the perfect venue on the beach with the most attentive and caring staff you could ask for! We will continue to return to the Dream Inn to enjoy more special memories in Santa Cruz! Cheers and thanks to all of the staff at the Dream Inn for taking such great care of us! Angela & Tony Van Ginekl

Room Tip: If you can stay in one of the suites, it's well worth it! But, there isn't a bad room to be had! From poolside rooms to 10th floor suites, there's something for everyone!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

CONGRATULATIONS! I think the staff had as much fun with assisting in all the wedding festivities as everyone going to the wedding! Thank you for mentioning Aurora and her team, as well as, the entire hotel staff, they really do an incredible job and it was a pleasure to make your special occasion perfect. We look forward to all of your future visits and celebrations!