In SC, this is definitely the best place to stay for something luxurious. If you've actually traveled and visited other countries or big cities than you'll know this place IS NOT worth its cost. Views aside, this cannot be called a 4 star property. It is however a very good 3 star property with a high cost.
Rooms in the tower are newer, but are still very low quality compared to JDV's other properties like Hotel Vitale. Sheets, towels, mats, carpet - low thread count. Poor quality. Doesn't feel good on your skin. It definitely gets the job done, but its not what you expect for the price you pay. Bed is decent, but its not a heavenly bed. However, views from the 7th floor up are great. You can hear the ocean, see the Friday night music festival at the boardwalk (and hear!) and generally people watch while sipping a mimosa. Views are spectacular and the only redeeming point of the hotel.
Room Service/Aquarius: I never ate at the restaurant because I have little patience and all the reviews said service was horrible. However room service (from the same place) was always quick and the food was hot. Was it amazing? No,but I ordered pupus and drinks. You can't mess those up so I'd say opt for room service and have your meals...
On the boardwalk. Literally 5 minutes from the hotel is a GREAT, easy, fast place to grab a bite. The Picnic Basket has really good food. Great service and its SOOOOO much cheaper. TRUST ME. Don't eat at Aquarius, but if you're really hungry at 11pm, know that room service is definitely an option. Just remember the fees they add on to your bill can add up!
Pool is heated. Super plus. Hot tub is warm, not too hot. The pool gets crowded immediately. People camp out on chairs. What do you do? Go early or go late. Most families go right in the middle of the day. Sure you'll miss out on the pool bar, but its fine. Your hotel is right on the beach. Just take the beach access stairs and lay out in the sand. Bring your own drinks from the corner store. LOL. Pool opens at 7am and doesn't even have a soul in it until at least 9am. It's heated so just go early. Swim all by yourself. Or go after 6pm and while you'll still have teenagers, it wont be nearly as crowded.
Massage service offered by the pool or in your room. Skip it. Masseuse is not experienced enough. SC has too many other options for spa services downtown to pay for this expensive and lower quality massage.
Speaking of which, GETTING TO DOWNTOWN IS A BREEZE.
1. You can walk if you like. Takes about 20 min., regular pace. Don't do this past 7pm though. The route to downtown goes past a popular drug spot.
2. Take the 25 CENT trolley. Yes, 25 cents, per person, per way. Just walk right down the street and there is a stop in the median right before you hit the loud, reggae bar heading towards the boardwalk.This is a slow, but fun, scenic way to get to downtown.
I was here for the 4th of July weekend and it was crowded, but lots of fun. I definitely think Dream Inn is a good property. I liked the staff (parking is a bit of a pain, especially if you valet - wait can be a bit and price is $$) and I liked the location. I loved the view and I enjoyed room service. This place is probably the best option in SC if you want a beach front property, but its not luxury by any standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fun culmination between the beach and the slightly offbeat town of Santa Cruz, the Dream Inn is the ideal destination for a weekend escape, corporate event, family vacation or a romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dream Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Inn, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Santa Cruz
- Dream Hotel Santa Cruz
- Coast Santa Cruz Hotel