“beautiful”
Review of Dream Inn

Dream Inn
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was able to get a early booking discount by booking 2 months in advance when I had no idea what the weather would be like - we got lucky, it was gorgeous.

The pool and hot tub are right above the beach and there is a convenient entrance on the beach (perfect of you are surfing).

The service was good, everyone was very helpful. We did not use room service but prices seemed reasonable and it was great to have the option.

Rooms: The beds were comfortable and in room heat and air worked great. There are coffee makers and fridges in the room. We stayed on the 3rd floor (so that we could check in a little earlier) and it was not as noisy as I thought it would be. I was able to peacefully enjoy the morning sipping on coffee (made in the room) and watching the ocean from my balcony. There are fans on the balcony, great for drying my wetsuit.

The only reason this is not a 5, is because at up to $400 a night, it does seem a bit overpriced, however, that is debatable given it's excellent location, the fact that other less updated and well located hotels are pretty expensive as well.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Sean H, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your positive response and feedback! This is a great time of year to visit (especially weekdays) when our rates begin to drop and the weather is still beautiful (Hitting record high's today in the bay area and its the middle of October!) We hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,928)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I recently went through trying times with two of our children being hospitalized within the same week and we really needed a break. We contacted Dream Inn for an overnight stay...the front desk person, Christopher, was so nice. He went above and beyond to make our one night visit feel like a real vacation. We really needed it! The room was amazing, and they let check out at 3! Thank you sooo much Dream Inn! We will be back and recommend Dream Inn to all our friends:)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feeback regading Christopher! We are lucky to have someone so thoughtful on our staff. Hopefully you will be able to join us again soon under better circumstances and enjoy the same amazing view and service.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We hardly slept as the doors on our floor we slamming all night, i don't think people were intentionally slamming the doors you just couldn't shut them quietly. The view from the 10th was the only highlight of our stay.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

And, what a make over! Folks who remember the Dream Inn of yesteryear will be amazed - the only thing the same is the great location. We were attending a friends 80th (!) birthday party in Santa Cruz so decided to splurge on a hotel for the night. It was pricey, but the room was beautiful and the view of the Wharf, BoardWalk, Monterey Bay was spectacular. Nice bed, big balcony with chairs and a table, and plenty of room to spread out. Nice!

Room Tip: I'm sure that all of the balconies have a good view - our view from the 9th floor was spectacula...
1  Thank Jennifer100SanJose
Reviewed October 14, 2012

we stayed on the 9th floor. every room has an ocean view, We went to bed hearing the ocean crash on the beach & we were woken up with the sun in our eyes. We were on the North tip of Monteray & we were actually facing East. Surprised me. Stayed 2 nights, great beds but the pillows could be better, They did not have foam pillows which we had requsted on reservation.
Beautiful pool area w/ large beach towels in room. Showerhead was large rain type with good pressure. nice balconey with 2 chairs & table. Pleasant to sit & have glass of wine

Room Tip: upper floors in tower section have great views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

It is a rare exception to be on the west coast and see a sunrise to be sure! As we face almost due south as we slip into the winter months a treat is to watch the sunrise over the pacific ocean. We look forward to having you come experience the view with that glass of wine soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at 8 different hotels/inns on our PCH trip and the Dream Inn was one of my favorites.

I have to mention Christopher....I actually spoke to him before our vacation because we decided to change our plans so we could be in Santa Cruz when the amusements were open. He phoned me immediately upon receiving my e-mail and switched our reservation and best of all gave us the same great rate even though we were staying on the Sunday night of Columbus day weekend.

Upon checking in I was thrilled to see that it was again Christopher that was helping me. He is very polite and helpful and truly seemed interested in our "roadtrip". He was definitely the most helpful "check-in" person of all the hotels we stayed in on our trip. So give him a raise or something! lol

We had a 2nd floor room in the tower building. I LOVE the decor! The room had a king sized bed and very modern furniture and accessories. It was very clean and comfortable. I wish we had been able to stay 2 nights but they were sold out on Saturday night.

We walked down to the amusements, sadly they close at 7pm which is really too bad because at 7 it was still bustling with people. Of course we rode the Giant Dipper!

We are New Englander's so we were thrilled that the bar on the corner (same side as the Dream Inn) was showing every NFL game. We were able to enjoy the Pat's game along with our "new" friends from Santa Cruz....it was a fun time!

The next morning we walked onto the wharf and had breakfast at Glenda's (I believe that was the name, sorry I forgot) It was very good.

I highly recommend the Dream Inn if you're planning a visit to Santa Cruz, it's a great hotel with a fantastic location!

1  Thank dkelly27
rld9, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Christopher is certainly one of our superstars at the front desk-- and thank you for positively recognizing his hard work. I can understand that being located on the east coast, you may not have an opportunity to visit us frequently, but we will look forward to having you with us on your next westward trip! Feel free to give us a call before hand and we can get you the most up to date information concerning the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk hours of operation.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I normally dont write reviews but since I have been basing my stay at hotels off of them I am taking the time to do it. This is a great place! They said it was recently renovated, and this was our first time staying here. We are from Monterey area so not far but felt like a little vacation!. Nice clean and fun. We had a second floor room w/balcony overlooking beach. Close walk to pier with restaruant & shops and boardwalk. Friendly staff and valet. Planning another trip!! Didnt get a chance to eat at the hotel restaruant Aquarius...next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
rld9, Guest Relations Manager at Dream Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We are honored that you would take the time to give us such a positive review. Your experience is what we strive to achieve for all of our guests. We look forward to your next trip when hopefully you can try and enjoy Aquarius as much as the Dream Inn!