Dream Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Seaway Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Sea & Sand Inn(Santa Cruz)
  • Breakfast included
Beachview inn(Santa Cruz)
Coastview Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Bay Front Inn(Santa Cruz)
2,021 results
All reviewsself parkpool arearoom servicesound of the wavesbeach accesshotel restaurantocean viewpool and hot tubmonterey baysea lionsprivate balconyamusement parkfamily vacationwest cliff driveoff seasonaquariusvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Modern in decor with flirty 1950's styling, this hotel sits right on the beach about 500 feet west of the Wharf. All rooms face the water and have balconies or patios. Since it is partly built on a low bluff, however, it can be a minor trek to get your toes into the sand depending on the location of your room. Rooms are attractive, airy and comfortable with safes, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.

Room rates can vary quite a bit depending on availability, and you must remember to budget for parking even if you do it yourself in the lot across the street. Their restaurant Aquarius has a stellar sea view and upscale atmosphere, but in the 3 times we have eaten there the service has been poor (why is my server *whining* to me?), and the food was nice but did not impress.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thrall
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My recent stay at the Santa Cruz Dream Inn was an absolute dream! It was our introduction to the area and I am so glad that we chose this hotel.

The spacious rooms are decorated in a hip mid-century modern vibe, while usually not my cup of tea, is so stylishly and well done that it was perfect. Every room has a balcony overlooking the beach and pool, where you can watch for wildlife, see the surfers, and watch the sun and moon rise. The night we arrive the full moon was just rising over Monterey bay and it was a truly stunning sight. To sleep with the sliding glass doors over to hear the crash of the waves is a true delight. The beds are comfortable with nice linens. Robes are provided, as well. I loved the dry bar with extra glassware and a Keurig coffee machine. High speed internet is free at this hotel but parking is $20 per day. Everything was pristinely clean.

The pool, kiddie pool and hot tub overlook the beach, with a gated private entry from the pool deck. The amusement park on the boardwalk is just a short walk away, as is the wharf with a great selection of shops and restaurants. The view is so wonderful and the pool area so perfect, we practically didn't want to ever leave the hotel. We have so many wonderful memories of our stay.

My only complaint was I did have a room right behind the front desk and which adjoined another room. Unfortunately, I had a musical noisy neighbor for part of my stay which was amplified by the doors between the rooms. Also, there is a bit of extra noise from being directly behind the front desk area. When we stay again, I will request a room on another floor or in another wing that does not have an adjoining room. The noise from the front desk wasn't terrible, it just would have been better without it.

We will be returning soon, and I don't even have to consider where we will be staying. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-adjoining room on the weekends.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BarefootTravelers
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I was extremely suprised at what the Joie de Vivre had done to this hotel. I stayed here while on business in Santa Cruz then planned on staying somewhere else when my family met me for the long weekend. That was changed once I stepped into the comfort of this hotel. The staff was great, rooms were hip and clean. View was awesome and you can hear the waves of the ocean. When the famliy showed up they brought us a crib for our 14 month old. We ordered room service from the Aquarius Restaurant. Food was pricey but worth it. The hotel was walking distance form the warf and boardwalk. Maybe 10-15 minute walk to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tskelton
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Staff was friendly and resolved a reservation problem I had which was my fault, doing everything in their power to accommodate us

Room was large, spacious and comfortable. a great hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
rld9, General Manager at Dream Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review! We look forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2011

Adorable oceanfront hotel with mod styling!! Plush towels, bathrobes, full shower with sprayer (no silly tub), flatscreen HDTV, fridge, minibar, comfy bed, and a Koerig coffee machine.
I stayed in room 227, only complaint is when I first walked in it smelled musty, but that was gone 5 mins later when I opened the full balcony door to my oceanfront room.
Front desk was very nice and helpful, valet too.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank jennibeans

Thank you so much for your kind review! We look forward to providing the same level of exceptional service on a future stay!