Tripadvisor
Santa Cruz
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews twin lakes heated floor in the bathroom walk in closet busy street fresh fruit large closet continental breakfast small hotel no elevator the king size bed stayed one night coffee maker the santa cruz area great room free parking refrigerator capitola
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2015

Great room, very short walk to a beautiful beach. Drew and his wife Nicee (a spot on Paula Dean impersonator), could not have been any more friendly or helpful. Best hotel we stayed in after a trip up the Central Coast. Wish we could have stayed another night. The Scandinavian Almond Cake was a nice treat at breakfast.

Room tip: No bid bath tub in room #1
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

First of all: Sorry for possible bad grammar, but my english isn't that perfect. We came in late, around 8:30PM and just left our car at the parking space in front of the hotel when we were personally greeted with a handshake by the manager couple. Wow! Such a warmly welcome never happend in our 23 days trip all trough america. She showed us our room (10, upper floor) wich is really comfortable and clean. The bathroom even has a floor heating! I guess the only thing you might can complain about is the noise of the fridge, but thats not a big deal. All in all this room Nr. 10 was more then a good deal and we had a relaxing sleep. You really need to try their breakfast. We had fresh melons and strawberries, toasted muffins, good coffee and a selfmade cake (wich was really awesome). There were only two hotels with "better" breakfast in our entire trip ... both of them were not included in the hotel price, and both were in 4*/5* hotels. So the guys from the Bella Notte pushed the standart here as well. And I didn't even mention the nice smalltalk we had with the manager(s) in the morning. Guys, when you are in the area of Santa Cruz I really can recommend you folks to stay at the Bella Notte! We are used to high standarts as we're traveled all over the world and I can say: You really get a good value for your money here, and I don't spam 5 star reviews that much (actually I'm mostly to lazy for even write any kind of review). Very pleasant experience! BR from Switzerland.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank RmpP_12
Reviewed September 28, 2015

From our greeting in the parking lot through our check-out, we were made to feel right at home (almost like long-lost friends visiting for an overnight stay). Our room was well -appointed, clean, and quiet. The stay included breakfast, which offered a good variety items, including a wonderful homemade almond-cake. The manager's dinner recommendation the evening we checked in was also great. Our only regret is that we only had one night to enjoy this great property.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2015

The room we stood in was absolutely delightful, from the decor the cleanliness the heated floors to the adorable toiletries and complimentary bath robes (provided for use while we were there) The location is a nice little stroll away. The beach and the views were amazing we saw whales,dolphins, seals and otters from the shore I did not want to leave. The bed was nice and comfy and the Inn was nice, quiet and relaxing. We will definitely go back

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra N
Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

I hardly ever leave reviews, but this place was perfect! The location on the map is deceiving because it's actually VERY close to the ocean. We even saw humpback whales at the beach! In between Capitola and Santa Cruz, this Inn could not be in a better location. The hosts were very welcoming and friendly. I stayed here with my mother for 2 nights and we wished we could of stayed longer! Definitely book this Inn if you're looking in the area!

Trip type: Traveled with family