“What an Excellent Stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed February 2, 2013

There are general expectations when you stay at a hotel. Then, there are the little things that make you smile. After that, If your lucky you find a hotel that goes above and beyond to make your stay unbelievable.

The story begins by finding this hotel by chance. I had taken my significant other to Santa Cruz on Vacation. We are pretty young and spontaneous. We decided to stay here. Mainly because this hotel is very close to one of my favorite beaches my folks took me to when I was little.

There was no reservation. In hotel language we were a "Walk-In" yet, I can be assured that I will make a reservation to stay here again.

Check In was extremely pleasant. The man who checked us was extremely welcoming. And, since it was December, we had a very modest rate.

The room was top-notch. It was large, new, beautiful and welcoming. I even had taken pictures of the bathroom so I can use it as a model when I remodel the bathroom in my house.

The property is small. Less than 50 rooms. I can Imagine if this hotel were larger and had a restaurant. It would be a Five Star resort.

My girlfriend was overwhelmed about the interior design.

I would have to say, that this hotel is something that a couple would want to keep secret. It is something special, and its something unique.

I will most definitely plan a visit here again.

Room Tip: The best rooms have fireplaces. Pay for the fireplace.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vegas1824
Bella_Notte_95062, Owner at Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Vegas1824 thank you for taking the time to write a review of Bella Notte. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great location, beautiful rooms, very clean and very close to the beach. There are restaurants and a cafe within walking distance and it's less than 15 minutes from the boardwalk and downtown. Although it's on a major thoroughfare, the rooms were very quiet. We did have an issue with the room, but the management took care of it. They were professional and courteous throughout. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Santa Cruz. I know I plan on going back there.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Bella_Notte_95062, Owner at Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Hojaka. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying at Bella Notte. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Santa Cruz!

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

With such wonderfully decorated rooms and the most comfortable beds and only a shirt walk to a gorgeous beach, who could go wrong?

The service was wonderful, we got chatting to the owners who were very helpful in arranging a taxi to take us to our booked restaurant and it turned out they had dined there a few nights before and could give us menu recommendations too.

They have thoughtfully placed a fridge full of free water and fruit juices in reception for you to help yourselfers to and the free continental breakfast was wonderful too. My husband loved the muffins, they were huge.

All in all, if you want friendly, efficient and thoughtful service and a very luxurious room at a great price, stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012
Bella_Notte_95062, Owner at Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Louise, thankt you for taking the time to share your experience at Bella Notte. It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we made a good starting point for your trip south along beautiful highway one. We hope you'll come and visit us next time you are this side of the pond and if you ever open that B&B in Cornwall let us know and we'll come visit you!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Called for a last minute and late booking. We were pleasantly surprised with this property. Very comfortable room...especially the bed which was WONDERFUL! It was very comfortable!
Nice and clean bathroom as well. I reco this place for a night in Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WBM
Bella_Notte_95062, Owner at Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear WBM. Thank you for taking the time share your experience staying at Bella Notte. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a safe trip home to Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to California!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had booked into the Bella Nottte for our 50th wedding anniversary. Our room was spotless, well appointed, and very roomy. Our kids had taken the touble of ordering champagne and sending a special card and both were waiting for us when we checked in. Our host said he'd had the room ready and the champagne chilling in case we got there early.
We had a lot of questions re: where to get gas, how to get to the beach (a quick 5 minute walk), etc. and he was so patient. We were so welcomed and the hospitality was great. Our only small disappointment was that breakfast was an extremely basic continental breakfast and a bit awkward.

Room Tip: Room 3 was huge and really nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bella_Notte_95062, Owner at Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Dustysand,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Bella Notte. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the feedback, it enables us to improve, so you can enjoy your next stay with us even more!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Bella Notte was a great find! Although I have made many day trips to Santa Cruz, I have never stayed overnight. My teenagers wanted to stay the night this time so I searched and searched motels online. I spoke to friends who had horror stories about some of the motels near the Boardwalk. I got a recommendation from a relative who lives in the area. And so that brought us to Bella Notte! The Hotel staff (Carol was wonderful) very pleasant and helpful with all of our questions about places to go, restaurants, beaches, etc.The room was very clean and nicely decorated! The beds and pillows were also comfortable. We liked the tile floors-they even heat up in the bathroom. In the lobby for breakfast there was toast, bagels, packaged danish,fruit, cold cereal, coffee, tea, chocolate milk, apple juice, orange juice..more than sufficient for my kids. Even though Bella Notte was a little pricier and not walking distance from the boardwalk, it was still the best choice by far. When we plan to stay overnight again Bella Notte will certainly be the place!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Momago1
Bella_Notte_95062, Owner at Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear Momago1. Thank you for your review and sharing your experience staying at Bella Notte Inn on Tripadvisor. We love hearing feedback from our guests and look foward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice big room. Good air conditioning. Seemed very clean. Friendly people with a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sea & Sand Inn
#1 of 54 in Santa Cruz
Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley

Been to Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff? Share your experiences!