“Good Food, But Very Rushed”

LA Cocina Bar & Grill
Ranked #25 of 499 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

After a day at Six Flags we wanted to eat something a little better than the traditional park options, so we looked up for the best restaurants in the area and La Cocina Bar & Grill came up. Upon arriving I noticed the restaurant was pretty busy (always a good sign). We were sat pretty quickly and the server took our drink order right away. From the get go I noticed him a bit rushed, this was confirm when five minutes later he brought our drinks and told us the kitchen is about to close and we needed to order. He took out his notepad and began asking us for our food order. So far I can understand the rush; however, this started to get annoying when as soon as someone was finished with their plate he would remove it. And shortly after he brought back the checks without anyone asking for it or dessert or coffee being offered. In fact, I was still eating when he gave me my check (with an added tip I must add). Now, I don't mind at all tipping no matter what the service is, but this was a bit out of hand. On the other hand, the busser was very helpful and nice. Whish he was our server.

Now on to the food:

This is the only reason of my rating. Food was good, in fact more than good. Chips and salsa were brought to the table as soon as we sat. Meatball soup was good. Tacos were tasty, shrimp cocktail was pretty good as well, in fact out of the nine or so dishes we had they all had good taste. Presentation was simple, but the flavors were enticing and very appealing.

Overall, I think and hope we just were unlucky to get this server at this time. Other than that this would have been a great dining experience. I would be hesitant to recommend, and don't think I'll be coming back soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Excellent food! Friendly staff - my personal favorite is their seafood enchilada w/white sauce & lots of shrimp. Only negative is that their two restaurants are so good they are always busy. They also have the-out

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great energy - good food and it is not a chain! The tortilla soup ROCKS. The food is homey and the service is friendly and on top of it. The margs are good too but have em make it from scratch not from the gun!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Often go for dinner. Food is extremely good, servers are friendly, fast, and pay attention to drink and chip levels. One is coming near us soon and we couldn't be happier.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The only thing you are liable to dislike is how loud, wild and crowded it can get, simply because it means the wait to be seated is long. There is nothing they can do about this. There is endlessly a long line of people wanting to get in, and it often goes out the door and down the side walk.

This is not a bad thing, friends. This is an advertisement of just how nice and fun it is inside. I love the waiters and wait staff, I love the food. Try Camarones Culicci if you like shrimp, it's my favorite shrimp dish in the world. And I have been served shrimp at Pepe's of Cozumel, I'm familiar with Mexican mariscos y camarones.

The drinks are great! They are priced quite fairly, in fact I think they are priced lower than average. The blue cadillac is my favorite, side car of Grand Marnier, ay caramba mi cabesa in la manana pero valió la pena.

You should try it.