“Top notch hotel”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Reviewed July 27, 2014

From the looks of the other reviews, it seems unnecessary to add my two cents. From the desk staff to the others' service and friendliness was the rule. The breakfast is superior to most every other hotel where I've stayed. Access is easy and excellent eating is right next door. Shopping of every kind is within one mile.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and the front for a view or the back for a bit more quiet. Was not distracted...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Overdoesit
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Hello Overdoesit

Thank you for your amazing review of the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! It really means a lot to me when people take the time to actually write a review about their experience and share this on Tripadvisor! All reviews are being shared with the entire team, and we always get excited with every great review of our hotel! Thanks again for acknowledging my team, and we all hope welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed one night on 7/20/2013, easy checkin and checkout, gave us a room away from noise as requested. Room was not very big but fit our needs. Room and bathroom were clean with comfortable bed and very comfortable desk chair. Good variety at breakfast and food was replenished quickly. Even had my favorite almond milk for oatmeal and coffee. Fitness room was clean with good equipment. Good value, very cordial staff, good location away from freeway noise. Lady with blonde hair and glasses at the front desk was so nice and friendly. Sorry did not get her name. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello BnGHappi

Thank you for staying with us! We always try to accommodate guest requests at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita so I’m happy we were able to accommodate your request for a room away from the freeway. We also like to offer some breakfast items our guests love at our location. Therefore we offer Almond and Soy milk as well as Agave syrup and raw sugar!
Thanks again for reviewing your stay and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Jeroen Buiks | General Manager

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We booked a room for an overnight stay for our trip to Universal Studios from San Jose.

We arrived late but they even accommodated our prior request for a high floor and room away from I-5. They were booked for the evening.

We had a problem with getting into our room. Neither of the two cardkeys worked. When I went downstairs, they reencoded our keys and everything worked fine. The seemed really concerned, so they sent a front desk person up with me to my room to make sure everything was ok. It was. I thought that was a nice touch to correct a problem.

Overall a clean, nice hotel with a great staff.

Pros:
- Clean, modern rooms with fridge, micro.
- Plenty of convenient USB charging ports and 110V outlets.
- soft towels! I don't think I've been to a hotel that used fabric softener on their bath towels. What a plesant surprise from the "scratchy skin graters" they normally have at most hotels.
- Great AC
- Feather pillows
- Nice white high-end comforters
- Decent sheets
-Friendly, great staff.

Cons:
- Hard beds in my opinion
- Not enough light control for the windows, we always had light coming through the sides of the shade. There was no other curtain to block the light

Overall, very nice. I'll be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Hello Ed W

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor! I’m sorry that you had issues with your room keys when you checked in. This is not something you want to deal with when you finally have arrived at your hotel so this can be very inconvenient. I’m happy my agent went up to the room to ensure that the new keys were working fine! I also like the fact that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room and the quality of our linen. Last summer we installed new Serta Mattresses in the entire hotel and although most people really love them, they may be a little firm for others.

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback and we all hope welcoming you back soon!

Jeroen Buiks | General Manager

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location if you are visiting Six Flags Magic Mountain. The property itself is very clean and the staff was very pleasant and accommodating upon check in and check out. I thought it was a nice touch for the front desk to call us after we checked in to see how the room was and if we needed anything in addition. Throughout our stay, the front desk staff remembered our names and always acknowledged us as we walked by. Overall, I personally felt welcomed at this property, not ignored. From hereon, we plan on staying at this particular property whenever we are in town. It's a good choice and great location.

1  Thank tomandbrandy
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Hello tomandbrandy,

Thank you for your positive review of the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! We really try hard to make sure each stay is as comfortable as possible and therefore my staff will always inquire about your experience with us when you check out. The information we gather from this gives us great insight on what we should change or what needs to be implemented in order to improve the overall service we have to offer. I’m also happy that my staff is focused on remembering names because this will help creating this home-away-from home atmosphere we like to offer.

Thanks again for the time sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor and we all look forward welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

It was clean and comfortable but the best part was the friendly reception that we got when we arrived and every time that we came back thru the lobby. They even went out of their way to find us a place to play cards. The breakfast had quite a few options.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello KatyDe

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I’m very happy to hear that my front desk agents took good care of you and were able to assist you with a space to play cards! We always try to make each stay as comfortable as possible, and it’s always great to receive positive feedback like this! Thanks again for staying with us and hopefully we will see you back soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Everything was great. I would stay there again. Room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. Room was very comfortable and had plenty of room. They provided a variety of choices for their breakfast. The staff kept it full and clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Marshell S

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! We all hope welcoming you back soon when travels bring you to Santa Clarita.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were visiting from Australia and chose this hotel as a stopover due to its close proximity to Six Flags Magic Mountain and other TripAdvisor reviews.

Its everything you want in a Hotel, clean, comfortable and great service.

By the way, the breakfast is perfectly fresh and exactly what you expect from this standard of property, those who complain are just cheeky probably expecting a 5 star buffet at 3 star prices.
We will have no hesitation in recommending this property.

Hello David S

Thank you for your favorable review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I’m delighted that you selected our hotel for your stopover based on other reviews you read on TripAdvsior! I’m also very happy that you enjoyed our breakfast selection! Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back at Hampton Inn!