“Best hotel for:northern LA area,Hollywood, Granada Hills and Magic Mtn”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were going to a funeral in Granada Hills. We don't know the area and I checked out reviews of hotels in Granada Hills. Let's just say between the mention of cockroaches and bullet proof windows in the lobby I was not impressed with the hotels right in Granada Hills. So I checked to see what towns were within a 15 min drive and Santa Clarita came up. I looked at all the reviews and this Hampton Inn came up with nice reviews.
For about $150 out the door with two queen beds it was just terrific.

Pluses:
check in-nice staff, easy, helpful, HONORED my request for a quiet room on the top floor in the back. Staff was helpful with any questions I had about restaurants, the laundry room in hotel, etc.

Room: QUIET, pleasant, clean, nice. It felt like a regular Marriott room. We usually stay in Marriott's or Hilton' s and so this seemed just the same.
The AC was NOT noisy and we had it on low all night. I heard no noise from out back (pool area) or the hallways. In short, my main concern in traveling--A QUIET ROOM--was well taken care of.

Fitness center--just fine, plenty of equipment, clean, nice

Laundry room--due to a glitch in packing I needed to do a small load of laundry and they have a laundry room near the lobby. What a treat!

Breakfast--fine, just average, but they did have plenty of decafe and regular coffee so you didn't have to fight or worry they would run out.

Ironically some friends booked a hotel IN Granada Hills for $89 and told us the their own tales of cockroaches and a bullet proof window in lobby and they wished they paid $120-150 for the Hampton.

While it met our needs for one night to attend the funeral I would stay here again if I were visiting Hollywood or northern LA or going to Magic Mountain.(Magic Mtn is very close). It is not much past the Grapevine area when traveling south on 5. The price was right for me for LA area to have a comfortable, quiet, clean, safe place to stay.

One year we toured Hollywood and stayed at an expensive hotel right in Hollywood. If I were going to visit Hollywood area again and didn't mind a ? 20?? min drive I would stay here!

There were tons of restaurants on the same street, the usual chains like Outback Steak House, Denny's, and an In and Out a minute away..
We drove to Stonefire Grill in Valencia about 10 min away based on reviews, but I would not recommend it. Just a chain that's probably good for huge portions and bar be que, but anything else,,,,just ok.
The gal at the front desk recommended a similar restaurant and knocked the Stonefire. I wish we took her suggestion.
Again, this Hampton Inn felt like a typical Marriott room, not a bit lesser.

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor in back and did get the top (4th floor) in back and it was dead silent at...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Hello ElizabethStreetMom!

Thank you for your wonderful and detailed response in regards to our hotel and our staff. We are glad to know that you will choose the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita for your lodging needs and amenities. Your reply has enlightened our staff and our management as we are always looking to enhance our guests overall experience. I have printed and posted your review for all of our staff to see and get motivated. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post this response and we hope to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Lizbeth Alvarez (the Front Office Manager) was extremely helpful with our stay. She was very organized, friendly and Hospitable. I would like to also compliment Matthew and Ashley, two of the evening (front office desk clerks???) who went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Some of our players wanted to play cards and asked them if there were any to use. After checking they said they didn't have any to offer. what happened next was something that I had never experenced, they went to the store and purchased a deck of cards for us to use!!! Quite Extraordinary!!! All three, Lizabeth, Ashley and Matthew are exemplary staff members that should be commended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hello TripAdvisor member,

Thank you so much for your amazing review of your stay at our Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I've sent your review to my entire staff to show everyone that these extra touches go a long way, and that our guests really appreciate this! This will be a great encouragement for my team to keep doing what they're doing. Thanks again for taking the time acknoledging my team and please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This trip was just a quick in and out to pick up a family member at LAX. The room and breakfast the next morning were great, but the thing I appreciate the most is the helpfulness of staff. They were very helpful in helping me get to where I needed to go, and on time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Hello Lisa E,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I also like to thank you for acknowledging my staff for doing a good job. I look forward sharing this with my team and I know they really appreciate this! We're all looking forward welcoming you back soon in the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was so impressed with this hotel last year when I attended the Rose Bowl. So, when Stanford made it to the Rose Bowl again, it was a no-brainer which hotel I would choose. Clean, quiet, very nice accommodations, helpful staff, delicious breakfast...what more could you ask for? Awesome.

Hello Debra C,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hampton Inn Santa Clarita. I really get excited when guests keep returning to us because of their experience! I also like to thank you for sharing this on TripAdvisor. Thanks again and please come visit us back soon for some more Hamptonality moments!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed there with wife and 2 kids. Close to six flags, many restaurants and stores around. Hotel staff is GREAT, place is clean, easy parking. Would definetely stay there again. Also very good and complimentary breakfast.. My wife enjoyed free tea at night..

Hello djalmabritto,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to California! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay with us again in the future. This is an amazing compliment I like to share with my team. Thanks again and please visit us again soon when you are visiting The States!

Jeroen Buiks

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We chose this hotel as our base-of-operations for our vacation in Southern California, in August 2013. We picked it because of its location, which was ideal for us to visit with family, see the sights of Los Angeles, and head up to the Santa Ynez Valley to tour wineries in wine country. We could not have picked a better place to stay. The hotel was impeccably clean, and the staff was was always attentive and friendly. Snacks and refreshments were always provided in the afternoon, which was nice after being out all day in the August heat. The morning hot breakfast was amazing, and was always well-stocked. If anything ran out, it was immediately replaced. The hotel was quiet, even though it was next to the 5 Freeway, and was in the perfect location for us to quickly hit the road and go places. The pool and hot tub were clean and nice, and having an In-N-Out Burger right across the street was also convenient. We had a great time on our trip, and this hotel had a lot to do with that by providing us a comfortable, clean and safe place to recharge every night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

We want to extend our gratitude for the valuable response and great feedback that you provided in regards to our property. The Hampton Inn – Santa Clarita team and I believe you are an important aspect in helping us meet our future guest’s expectations. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff, and our breakfast we really appreciate it! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is an ok area. close to eat outs and freeway. There are many hotel to choose from in the area so make sure you are happy with the options offered because the price can be high for what you are getting. I believe we could have got a better rate but because we would not guarantee out stay ahead of time we had to pay a higher price. wish we knew ahead of time that life would work out as perfectly as planned...so we could save a few bucks. this is where they get to charge us more..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We want to extend our gratitude for the valuable response and great feedback that you provided in regards to our property. The Hampton Inn – Santa Clarita team and I believe you are an important aspect in helping us meet our future guest’s expectations. We hope to see you soon!