“Lynn L.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Tucson, AZ
“Lynn L.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my second stay in the last 7 months (out of necessity) at this motel and the same desk clerk (man) checked me in both times. On July 20, 2013 and last December the front desk clerk was not helpful, welcoming or friendly either time. The motel policy states on their web site that check-in starts at 1 PM. I arrived around that time and was told the room was not ready. It was still being cleaned and to come back in about an hour. When I came back, it was ready. When I was there last December, I noticed rooms being cleaned even into the early evening.

On July 20, 2013 the front desk clerk told me check-in is at 2 PM, not 1 PM even though I told him when I booked it, their polciy stated 1 PM. He did NOT care. I had driven 7 hrs. from AZ and needed to use the restroom. Since my room was not ready, I asked if there was one I could use. The desk clerk said there was none. I asked the person cleaning my room if I could use a restroom somewhere, and she said (in English) that she did not speak English even though she apparently understood me. I'm sure if I should happen to be even 1 minute late checking OUT, they would have charged me, yet for the inconvenience of not being able to check IN according to their 1 PM policy, they offered nothing to help, not even the use of the office restroom!

From their web site: Policies of Santa Clarita Motel
Check in

1:00 PM - 11:30 PM hours

Check out

11:00 AM - 11:30 AM hours

Room Tip: If you plan to arrive around 1 PM for check-in, you may be waiting a couple of hours to get into you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Woodbine, Maryland, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here two nights as we were visiting Magic Mountain. It's about a 5 minute drive to the amusement park. The room was clean and comfortable. They don't have a full fledged breakfast but they do have danishes available and coffee. Super value for this area. My wife was even able to do laundry during our visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I travel all over California for business and this has to be one of the best hotels, if not the best hotel I've ever stayed at. I am not one to write reviews and all either, but had such an amazing experience i just could not resist. For the price of 70 some dollars, my room had a work desk, very good wi-fi, the best bed I've ever laid my head on and decent water pressure in the shower. The room had such a nice decor it almost didn't even feel like a hotel room. IMO you cant ask for much from a hotel room and considering every other hotel in the area charges anywhere from 100-150/ night, this is a steal.
Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tijuana, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is so much better than other hotel chains that have higher rates. The hotel was clean. We had microwave and refrigerator in the room. It's very near from Magic Mountain. And the guy at the front desk was very very nice, very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lina C
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We decided to go a more economic route, having read pretty good reviews on this motel.

Pluses - great price, very comfortable, evidence that they have upgraded and microwave and fridge, complimentary (if a little slow) internet

Minuses - There was a MOUSE in our room - ewwww. But the worse part that when I mentioned to the manager, he didn't even say one word about it. Just looked at me. No "sorry" or "oh my goodness" an acknowledgement would have been appreciated. You could hear the train, which is fine (Railroad road)

I said to my husband (pre mouse) we could stay here again, great price, not bad location - even with the train. Post Mouse and attitude, I probably woudn't stay again :(

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in early May 2013 in that I could visit my Dad and celebrate his 81rst birthday. I avoided Lancaster-Palmdale because it has become horribly overpriced. Since I am familiar with SoCal and know this area close to "Magic Mountain" and since it is 40 minutes from my Dad's place, I decided to give it a try. Plus the recent Trip Advisor reviews were strong. It is in the middleof nowhere, the closest convenience store is the AM/PM located just before the railroad tracks and about a 7 minute drive away from the 138 Freeway exit. The hotel is located about 5 more miles away and it stands virtually by itself.

Now about my experience.......I travel late and a Southwest Airline delayed flight pushed my arrival time to early in the morning. The young man that checked me in did not immediately rush to greet me at the counter in fact, he appeared to be on some kind of delayed response regimine...it took several bell rings to get his attention. He eventually checked me in moving as if I had just woken him up. After a hiccup with the first room key, He reluctantly issued a second key and I was able to check into my room.

It is very much what people describe here, fairly clean, not well appointed, a decent bed for a motel, a little noisy (get a room far away from the street and the railroad tracks). Basic cable with a dated TV and old furnitire with chipped edges and plenty of wear. Odd colored orangish carpet....a little weird actually. The air conditioner worked wonderfully, not a small thing in Santa Clarita 90 degree weather. The refrigerator didn't work so well and had broken parts; a fact that the daytime desk clerk did not seem too enthused about either fixing or addressing in any way. This irked me because I was going to be there for two more nights. Upon checkout, there were two more front desk clerks and both of these young men were attentive and really helpful especially to my complaints over the incidents described above. Overall, two ambivalent front desk clerks and two attentive clerks...I call that a "draw."

I rate this as an "ok" stay and may return when I visit my father without my wife......this is not the kind of place I would subject my sweetie to on a vacation. It is better than most EZ-8, Motel 6 or Rodeway Inns, but that said it is a bit over priced considering the decidedly lo-fi accomodations. Still, compared to much of SoCal it is a pretty good deal on a functional hotel room for a songle, male traveler.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sparks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This motel appears to have been built when Railroad Ave. (originally San Fernando Rd.) was the highway from Newhall to San Fernando. When approaching from Lyon Ave. it looks like you are leaving town and there will not be any motel. Go in, you will be rewarded. The owner is very friendly. He makes an effort to upgrade the rooms. We had an upstairs newly renovated room. It had tile floors, 3D wall furnishings. The faucet in the sink in the bathroom glows when one turns on the water. I have never seen such a thing. There is a small refrigerator in the room. The only thing negative I can think is there is some noise from the train. I have stayed where the noise is much worse. The noise is very temporary.

Room Tip: Upstairs north side has some newly renovated rooms. They are SUPER.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple