New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Newport Beach
“Great Value Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a small motel which I found on line and just needed on a Saturday night. It was the best deal I have ever had and the least expensive hotel I have stayed in. If you need to stay in this area this is the real deal. The bed was a great it was super clean and colorful. Wonderful breakfast at the Egg Plantation close by. No pool but didn't need one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I'm still in shock on how great this motel was! I'm really surprised that it was really clean and especially for the price! I walked in and asked for a non smoking room and it took 5 mins just for me to get the key (I'd call ahead though.) so far the best, for a motel. And it's in a great location. On your left, you have access to Westfield Valencia's mall and on your right you have access to liquor store, bakery's, breakfast joints and supermarkets! Love love love love this! I'm Definitly going back!!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank duhh13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at the santa clarita motel over thanksgiving while visiting our family. This was by far the best motel we have ever stayed in, and we practically live out of a suit case. let me just start by saying this is not a motel in any way shape or form, in ways this place was better than some so called boutique hotels. The check in process took about 5 minutes and we were pleasently surprised when we walked in to the room to say the least. it was newly renovated and had all the amenities you'd hope to find in a 5 star hotel. the bed was just as good as the one at our house if not better, The shower pressure was really good, The free wi-fi worked great and we really loved having a work desk / chair in the room as well as the recliner chair. The quirky decore of the room was the icing on the cake.

We would have liked to have the breakfast at the hotel but for 60$/ night we can't really complain, we have paid 100$ at a hilton and still had to pay 12$ for the breakfast. So we just decided to go to the I-Hop not too far from the hotel and use the money we saved at the hotel to get better breakfast than the free continental breakfast you get at the hotels which is stale donuts and crappy coffee anyway :)

We'll definatly be back over christmas.

Room Tip: They just partenered with Golds Gym, Ask for your free visitors pass at the lobby
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Saturnskie
North Hollywood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

The room was an excellent value. The staff here is always courteous and the bed quite comfortable. Visiting vehicle tuning house in the area so wouldn't have come here unless I knew my vehicle was safe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BWBurbankAirportInn
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stay with my family last week, This is excellent motel, best value,very good location, friendly service, easy to find, staff service is great, they go extra miles and help guests need,I highly recommend to every one in my family & friends.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sam s
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

You have to have really low standards to give this place a high rating. To me, cheap isn't enough; a place still has to be good. Maybe I'm just getting older and more demanding, but there is what appears to be blood on the sheets and bathroom wall, and I need to draw the line there.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric H
Kekaha, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We love this little Motel, our third time staying here. The owners are very nice and they do offer a danish and coffe in the morning in their office.The train noise was a pleasent treat and not too noisy. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean. And did I mention the GREAT price!
I wouldn't change a thing.
Mahalo Santa Clarita Motel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mindy688
scmotel, Manager at Santa Clarita Motel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Mindy688,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice report on our hotel. Comments like yours makes the job I do here so enjoyable. Myself and my staff care about every guest that stays with us. We take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean and comfortable room for a very affordable price.

Thank you again for the wonderful comments, We hope to see you again soon.

Mahalo!