“Great Value”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Las Vegas
“Great Value”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Travelodge of Santa Clarita - Ample parking, Continental Breakfast, Directv, Large rooms...Everything was great. The only reason I am not rating 5 stars is because I personally feel customer service could have been better. Checking in was a very quick and quiet procedure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 14, 2013

What can I say?? Ice machine that don't work in this hot weather was ridicules. A soda machine that keeps taking our money for drink/water. This place needs a major change, if they wants customers to come back!!! I won't be going back or my other family members. We stayed 3 nights and staff at desk were trying to fix the problems as they sorta knew what's going on, but trying to cover up for their management. So nice of them for trying to make our stay problem/hassel free. Our rooms were ok, nothing great. Furnitures were old. We are in 21st century. At one point our room lock fell off(fixable). No maintenance person available to fix ice machine for 3 nights in a row was a bummer!!!Lights in spa were not working. Didn't have
enough towels to use for
pool. Only got 2 towels.
Breakfast was sparse n nice.
Very nice gentlemen who made
our morning great with a nice coffee and had great
conversation with him. He was such a wonderful gentleman.

• Stayed June 2013
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have to make frequent trips to Santa Clarita to visit my Mother who is sick and in a home. I tried the Travelodge and my first stay was ok. But then I made a reservation for a second stay and had to cancel. The owner gave me a hard time, pretending she couldn't cancel my reservation (two days prior to my stay) but in the end she did. I once again booked this hotel a third time and had to cancel (two days prior again) I called and again she acted like she couldn't cancel my reservation then said she would and hung up on me. So I called corporate and they apparently spoke to an employee there and had my reservation canceled. BUT they still charged my card! When I called after I discovered she charged me she argued with me and pretended she never talked to me. I had to provided confirmation from corporate and only then did she reimbursed me (3 days later). The 4th time I booked my stay (lack of options because of $$$) I was ON MY WAY and received a phone call from the hotel telling me THE DAY OF that she was canceling my reservation and I could no longer stay at her hotel. She could have let me know a week before when I booked my stay but she waited until the day of, 3 hours before I was to check in to call me and tell me. I had to turn around and go back home because I had no place to stay for the weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Laura C

Travelers are raving about these Santa Clarita hotels

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Manager KAAPU the worst lady ever. She didn't speak very much english!! At checkout she ask me "How was my stay"? My reply to her was the room was fine, but tv was so difficult to turn on. I called the front desk N she came to fix it right away. Next morning when my kids went into shower, again the shower faucet was difficult to adjust to the right temperature. Once again the same Indian lady came to help us out. It's a ok place, not that great. Manger KAAPU needs a customer service skills.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank levy067
Fremont
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Plenty of parking and make-your-own waffles for breakfast until 9am. Cable and big screen TV. Good AC. Newspaper was not free (as promised by all Travelodges), 3ft deep swimming pool, mirror hung crooked, painting hung upside down. The biggest downfall was that the refrigerator did not stay cold and door's deadbolt was broken. Quality there was just an illusion: tissue box only had 1 tissue in it, towels were folded so that their many stains/holes were unseen while hanging, ironing board but no iron.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family