“Crazy loud place”

Farrell's At Mountaisa
Ranked #329 of 499 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good food, but it's loud. Try to go when there aren't too many kids there. We had a long wait for our food.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It seems if you want to re-live your childhood it will cost you. Found the prices high. The service and food were both good. It was fun and several people ordered the "ZOO', a couple of birthdays and it was fun to watch. Not somewhere that we would return very often. Busy place, they must be making a fortune. I had read and forgot that this is attached to a "kid casino" video games and mini golf and the like, expect to spend some dough.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our family of 3 went to Farrell’s for dinner. We have not been to a Farrell’s in many years and we were looking forward to having our son experience Farrell’s as we did when we were kids.
My wife enjoyed her salad and my son and I had cheese burgers. We started with the chicken slider appetizers that were OK at best. Each of us had a soft drink (2 cherry cokes, one vanilla coke) followed by small sundaes.
We had a 15% off coupon from our hotel which we presented to our waitress. The bill with the discount was $75. Reviewing the bill, the discount applied was approximately 5%. The cokes were $7.50 each…ouch!
This was not the experience that we wanted we had hoped for. Guess you can’t go back!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location is horrible. It's attached to a "funtasia" mini-golf place. I get it, they get traffic from there, but the result is a compromised experience. I have been dying to go to one of these renewal Farrell's. We actually went out of our way so I could take my daughter. What a disappointment.

No grand entrance. No wonderful candy alley exit. Not one Zoo or birthday or anything while we were there. It has to target the "funtasia" so it's off theme as a result. I felt so cheated.

The menus are the same - they copied well - but when I ordered my old favorite (the Hot Fudge Nutty Nutty) it says with two cups of hot fudge. Well, copying the type from the old menu and understanding what that means are two different things. I did not get my two cups of hot fudge which were always served on the side! I got a mess of melted ice cream drowning in fudge that tasted watery, wet and not at all like the old days. When I mentioned serving it on the side, the waitress exclaimed, "That's so smart! I hate serving melted ice cream." She was 17. How could she know?

My daughter thinks I am an idiot for romanticizing the experience. I rationalized I picked the wrong store. Maybe the ones down south are better (I've heard). My bad.

The waitress was adorable and she knew I was so disappointed. I commend her on trying her best. Left her a good tip.

Sigh. If you are looking for a memory, don't chase it here. This site is a fail.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Farrell's is a place that one goes to for a nostalgic journey to their childhood. This is where our folks used to take us 30 years ago to enjoy a pig trough and to hear the drums and whistles/bells on our birthdays. This is not a place that one would go to for "upscale" dining to enjoy an "incredible" meal. Lets be honest here, it is what it is a diner inside of an amusement park. It serves up meals that are geared towards kids and has items that should interest most adults. This is not a place for the health conscious. With that said though, we would be back. Just watching the expressions on our child's face when the huge banana split was brought to him was well worth it... not to mention the fun he had playing the games outside and the miniature golf.