“Brings back memories....”

Farrell's At Mountaisa
Ranked #328 of 493 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Farrell's in the Seattle area went of business long ago. So, when I get a chance to relieve childhood memories I grab it. I surprised my 85 year old mother with a stop at Farrell's (Santa Clarita) on a recent trip through California. We were not disappointed with the food, ice cream or visit. We arrived around 3 pm on a Tuesday afternoon and only one other party was in the restaurant. We were greeted with a smile and offered to sit wherever we would like. After being seated and prior to ordering we enjoyed conversation with a few of the employees. We chose to split a BLT in order to leave room for ice cream. The sandwich, which came with french fries, was good except for my mother had trouble with her bread crumbling and falling to pieces. She finally chose to eat the sandwich with a knife and fork. The fries were hot, a bit over salty for our taste, but good none the less. We then moved on to ice cream: a single scoop hot fudge sundae for me and a single scoop cone for mom. Oh my gosh, my (single scoop) sundae was enough for two people, it was delicious but I couldn't finish it all. My mom thoroughly enjoyed her ice cream cone, stating the ice cream flavor was great but finally stating she should have left some on the plate because it was more then she needed. Oh and that party at the other table, I have to thank them, they ordered a zoo during our visit. It was a chance to relieve the excitement of a zoo being delivered to the table of an excited, smiling child. This visit will certainly be a bright memory in our trip: the people, the food, the ice cream and the overall experience all receive a positive review from this customer.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Farrell's offers fun for families and treats for the kids. The food is good quality and quantity and the ice cream is colorful and tasty. See the cotton candy sundae picture enclosed. If the ice cream and food is not enough then there are games, go carts mini golf and many other things to do to occupy your time. If you need a challenge try the rock wall! Overall the place is great for the family or if you are having a party.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We ordered the Zoo for a party of nine and had plenty left over. They do a good job announcing the birthday person and it's a little entertaining. Overall atmosphere though is pretty quiet. Did not try the regular menu...just the ice cream, which was pretty good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Orange, California
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Nothing like the old time places we used to go to as kids. Service was horrible, food was horrible and the environment sealed the deal for never going back there again.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 28, 2008

We found Farrell's by accident on the way to Sam's Club while on vacation. It's inside the Mountasia Fun Center in Santa Clarita.
When I walked in, I saw the employees running a "ZOO" just like I remember when I was a kid.
They did a great job of recreating Farrell's like a movie set but it's a fun on restaurant.
The food was great, service was pretty quick considering the crowd. Me and my kids had so much fun. They even have a player piano that plays songs by selecting them on a touch screen. Pretty cool.
They also had the candy area I remember.
i found it to be clean and fun. What else can I say???