“Kind of pricey, but very good.”
Review of Maru Sushi - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maru Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I went to Maru Sushi on a Sunday evening with a reservation that wasn't needed because it was not very busy. The menu was a bit pricey, but the food was good. 3 of our party of 4 had sushi and the 4th person had the teriyaki chicken. The sushi was very good and mine was even wrapped in cucumber which I hadn't seen before. I got the molten chocolate cake for dessert and it was delicious. Our waitress was very helpful and friendly. I would go back.

Reviewed June 27, 2008

My wife and I are always disappointed when we try a different restaurant. Nothing compares to the delicious food here. Have not had one plate that I didn't like.

My favorite is the curry lamb dish.

For dessert, all of them are great. But I like the fantastic "made from scratch" ice cream. Especially the green tea.

Sushi is fantastic too.

Reviewed April 21, 2008

Very Disappointing...based on the other reviews, we expected a lot better food. Curry lamb was suppose to be lamb chop, but it was not lamb chop and it was quite tough. At the price of $27, one would expect a lot better quality of lamb. The $12 crab salad was not fresh and uninteresting. The beef and wild mushroom ravioli tasted like canned beef stew that's roughly chopped with non existence wild mushroom for $27. The Tempura Udon noodles were fine, except we had to request the Tempura on the side. Otherwise the Tempura would be swimming the Udon broth and be soggy.

The wine was priced outrageously high. A small glass of Ferrari-Carano Fumé Blanc was $16. A whole bottle of the Ferrari-Carano Fumé Blanc costs $17 at the winery and the prices at the wineries are almost always higher than retail stores. Ridiculous....

The service was adequate and the Hamachi Sashimi was very fresh and tasty. The best dish we had was the seared sea scallops with English pea ravioli.

We would not return even if someone else is picking up the tab.

Reviewed April 20, 2008

Maru Sushi is consistently the finest sushi restaurant in the SCV. Count on your favorite sushi/sashimi items to be the highest quality EVERY time. But also, trust the sushi chefs to suggest exciting new items you might not have tried before. Don't be afraid of the price... after all, is raw fish really something you want a bargain price on? You get what you pay for and this place is worth every penny. The service is fantastic. The owner's pride in his restaurant is evident in every detail. If I had only ONE meal to eat in Santa Clarita - it would be at Maru Sushi. Enjoy!

2  Thank GingerValencia_CA
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I know, I know. It's in the valley, but this rivals any sushi for freshness and flavor from Beverly Hills or Hollywood's restaurant alley.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook