“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Not impressed! Food was only so so. Price was expensive for what you get. Service slow and we felt like an imposition on them. The restaurant itself was nice. Great atmosphere, but very disappointing. Yuck.

Castaic
“Great food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a wonderful place to eat. When they have the old cars, it is almost impossible to find a place to park. But it is worth it.

Visited November 2011
6 Thank DarlynB
Irvine, California
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Nice atmosphere and great food! The service is always very good. Servers are on top of customers needs. We enjoy many things at Route 66. Good job!!

• Visited September 2012
6 Thank Carmen W
canyon country, CA
“Won't be back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We've been going to Route 66 for years. The past few months the quality of service and food has gone down. Sandwiches are made with processed turkey lunch meat and bacon strips are nothing but fat. Looking for Nachos and a draft beer ok but otherwise I'd recommend Schooners down the road.

Visited March 2012
Santa Clarita, CA
“Possibly the WORST service in the world”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have been going here every Wednesday for the past 5 months or so solely because they host a weekly bike night. As far as their bike night goes, they have a good size area of the parking lot reserved for bikes and they have a band set up in the parking lot and a raffle. Not bad, they do not however have any specials for bike night and the off duty cops they have working as security seem to make up rules whenever they feel like it about how to park, where to park, etc. They get a good crowd on Wednesdays and it stays pretty busy.
That said, the food is awful and the drinks are worse. The cooks are pretty consistent in messing up your order and the servers never notice, they just bring you the wrong thing and hope you'll eat it anyways. Burgers come with fries or coleslaw. The coleslaw tastes like mustard and the fries are either burnt or terribly undercooked. If you get a drink mixed with juice expect it to taste like watered down Kool-aid - their mixers are very low quality and all I can taste when drinking them is disappointment.
Now on to the best part. The service. I never get any. And when I say "any", I mean it's like I don't exist! During bike nights the servers walk around taking orders on the patio, where most everyone hangs out. Out of the many times I have been there, I have NEVER once had a server come up and ask me if I needed anything. Many times they will come up to the person I am talking to, or standing next to and ask them if they need anything, but for some odd reason I am always completely ignored. Eye contact seems to not be in their vocabulary. So I go into the bar and wait in that (single file) line to get a drink. A couple of weeks ago I was in line at the bar and I kid you not, the bartender looked RIGHT past me and asked the guy in line behind me for his order. The price of your drink apparently is also affected by whether or not they like you - I always order the same drink (a shot with a soda back) and it usually costs me $7 -$8 - three weeks ago I paid $9.49 - my "hot" guy friend get the same for $5.00. They are also supposed to give you raffle tickets when you buy something, I was never given a raffle ticket even though I spend about $50 every week there so I finally complained to the only decent waitress. The excuse I was given was that she goes around to her tables only once a night with the raffle tickets...
In summary, I would not recommend this place to anyone, bike night or not. If you're coming out for bike night eat at Baja Fresh, Cupids, Oggis - any place but here.

• Visited October 2011