“Sombrero to the rescue”

La Cocina Bar and Grill
Ranked #52 of 493 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Ambiance not sure if I dig - too dark for me. Service so far nice. Greeted w/ yummy fresh chips & salsa. I had beef tostada - big & very flavorful. Jumbo shrimp w/ verde sauce also yum. Tortilla soup - must repeat. Very homey & delish! Overall, glad we tried.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I went to La Cocina for the first time for my birthday with some friends. We went for lunch at around 1, so we had to wait for a table for four for about 5 minutes. Our service was great, unlike the other reviews about slow service. Our food was served ten minutes after we ordered, and it was some of the best Mexican food I've had!
Since it was my birthday, they sang to me and put the sombrero on me, it was worth the whip cream in my face because the shell the ice cream was served in was delicious! It was a deep fried bowl coated in sugar with ice cream, chocolate sauce and whip cream! Yum!
Overall a great experience and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!

1  Thank eatpraylove48
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Took some friends I hadn't seen in a while here for dinner. The place was very crowded and loud. We all ordered and the soup/salad came very quickly. about five minutes later the entrees arrived, way too soon to finish the soup/salad. By the time I finished my soup, the main meal was getting cold. The whole attitude by the staff was to move you through the process very quickly. Food was not bad, but nothing special, service was awful and I won't be going back.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

If you want a great Cadillac and awesome tacos this is the place. If you get there before 5 there is usually no wait. After that plan on a margarita and chips and salsa from the bar. The salsa verde is great. The wait staff is friendly and the food comes up quick. The to go service is awesome as well.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Loong waits are the norm at this restaurant. Table arrangements are crowded and service gets slow at peak times. Hard to find waiters when you need them. There do seem to be regulars who come often and get preferential treatment but I'm learning that is how the SCV seems to work. The food is good and drinks are strong so if you come at the right time you should have a better experience.

1  Thank bootsysmom