“The Food is always very good, but ...”

Pei Wei Asian Diner
Ranked #161 of 486 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Cuisines: Asian
California
“The Food is always very good, but ...”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been to Pei Wei three times, and honestly the food is very good, fresh and cooked right there and then. There are a couple issues I have with this restaurant, however: First, I always have trouble figuring out the menu, what to order, how large the servings are, and how to plan the meal. I'm not the only one who seems to have trouble because there can be a line to order, at the same time the cashiers aren't waiting on anyone. Too many people are trying to figure out the menu. The food I've had has always been good, but secondly, there servings aren't very large for the price of the meal. I like the food, there just isn't enough of it. I finish my meal, thinking I've paid slight too much, and then I realize the food is gone and I'm still hungry and I want to spend even more, just to feel like I've had an adequate meal. In addition, at times the restaurant can be loud and at peak meal times, for a brief period, it can be difficult to find a place to sit (which I suppose means a lot of people like the product they are putting out there).

• Visited April 2014

Washington, DC
“Great food and service”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Ate here on a visit to the area last week. I am gluten intolerant and did not understand that a dish I had ordered contained wheat. When the server brought it to the table I realized that I couldn't eat it. When I told them the problem they quickly produced a gluten-free dining guide and prepared an alternative, and it was at the table in minutes. The manager and cashier were so kind and so helpful, and the food was delicious. My dining partner, who's not GF, really enjoyed her meal as well. The prices are very reasonable. I will definitely visit these folks again on a return visit to Santa Clarita.

• Visited November 2013
Chatsworth, California
“Good Chinese food”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place is very consistent and the food portions are good sized and the menu has some excellent choices.

Visited April 2013
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Great Asian food in a casual setting”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I've eaten delicious food at this location many times. On 1/30/13, my wife and I split Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Ginger Broccoli with Tofu and Vegatables. Both were outstanding, among the best I've eaten. This is a modern, comfortable place, where you order at the register, take your number to a table, and they bring your food to you. The place was busy but comfortable. The noise level was just right for me, meaning that there was no difficulty carrying on a conversation across a table but there was enough background noise to keep your own conversation from being heard through the place. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013