“Nice clean hotel, great breakfast, nice pool”

Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here on our way home from LA and stopped 1 day at Magic Mountain. The rooms were very spacious for 5, we had 2 queens, pull out sofa bed, and there was a mini kitchen. Since we were travelling for a whole week, and stayed at 4 different hotels, I found this one to have the most spacious room for our family. Also, I have to highly commend the breakfast staff, it was the best breakfast we had all week, and they were very friendly and helpful. Nice variety, fresh and healthy choices too. I enjoyed sitting in the lounge area in the mornings and sipping my coffee, and the pool area was very nice too. I would highly recommend it, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank amy777
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Amy, Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. Our spacious rooms are a plus and are perfect for families traveling. Glad to hear you and your family feel the same way! Our breakfast and breakfast staff is phenomenal and always do their best to provide that awesome service and breakfast! We look forward to your future stays in the area!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Basic, clean, comfortable. Not a fine hotel, but I needed a place to stay near the freeway on a drive up California. I would stay here again. Very convenient to the freeway, about what you expect from a Residence Inn, decent Internet connection. A much better option than fighting LA traffic 30 minutes south.

I did not eat the free breakfast, so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. Glad to hear we made your travels to the LA area alot easier due to our convenient location! We look forward to your future stays with us! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experiences!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed overnight here prior to going to Magic Mtn. The 'oversized Studio' was very spacious (roomier than Embassy Suites). We have three teenagers and the studio had 2 queens and a pull-out queen. Breakfast was good (make your own Belgium waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels, coffee, juice). Breakfast staff was very friendly. Room was very clean and updated. This hotel has a small outdoor basketball court. Free wi-fi. And for meals, Santa Clarita has every possible restaurant (casual, fast food, take-out, sit down).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bstcal

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Looks like you were able to highlight all our best features from the spacious rooms to our breakfast to our location and everything in between! We look forward to you and your family's next travels to the area!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

A very clean, comfortable and safe stay in North LA. The rooms were of 4 star quality and the service was very friendly and efficient. A little bit on the expensive side for Santa Clarita. The complimentary breakfast was good (especially the fresh fruit) but couldn't find a place to sit - too small - bad engineering.

Room Tip: A room that faces the city - the upper floors are good. Skip the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Traveler, Thank you for sharing with us about your stay. Here at the Residence Inn by Marriott, we pride ourselves on the service we are able to provide. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our delicious fruit at breakfast. We look forward to your future travels to the area!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here on business in April 2013. The hotel is conveniently located off the I-5 highway and is a short distance away from Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park. Like all Residence Inn hotels, they had a complimentary evening social and morning breakfast. Internet access is also complimentary. I had eaten dinner before my arrival but could not resist the barbecue beef they were serving for their evening social. My room was spacious, and the staff was friendly. I took advantage of their small exercise room for a morning run. The breakfast spread in the morning offers a nice variety. Residence Inn has a nice formula, and this hotel follows it pretty closely. When I stay at a Residence Inn, I generally know what to expect. As long as the hotel is clean and the staff is competent, I generally do not have a problem. This hotel was clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I was here for business, but I could definitely see staying here if I were planning to visit the amusement park. It is quite close.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg A
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay! Our convenient location is prime and in walking distance from a lot of restaurants and shops, and just a short drive to Six Flags. We are glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our amenities including our fitness room, breakfast and dinner hours! We look forward to your future pleasure and business travels to the area!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stopped here for an over nighter on a long road trip. We prefer R.I. when we travel with my father in law because of their 2 bedroom suites. We get to stay in the same room but yet have privacy with each bedroom and bathroom. It was night time when we arrived so it was kind of tricky to find. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The room was clean and quiet. The beds were good but the pillows were horrible. They were so thick that I could not use it. I had to fold up a towel and sleep on that. My husband slept with the pillow and his neck was hurting the next day from the pillow holding his head up so high. The breakfast was really good. The breakfast staff was really nice. They made sure we had what we needed. I would stay there again, but I will bring my own pillow next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aksharp1

Thank you for taking a moment to share with us your experience about your stay. We are glad to hear you made it to our hotel and enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our service, and are very glad that you experienced that with all your encounters with our staff. We have different kinds of pillows on site, please feel free to contact the front desk and we can bring you an alternative pillow for your next stay. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused! We look forward to your future stays and hope to make your stay even better for your next visit! Thank you!

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights on a business trip. The location is close to just about everything, food, shopping, movies etc. We arrived and were pleased at the kitchenette facilities although there are so many great restaurants within minutes we did not use much. Their mall has a wide variety of food selections. The in house breakfast was great and had selections for all. We will be using more Marriott affiliated locations because their rewards system is so generous. Thumbs up for this location

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank sbkane
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience you had at our hotel! We are very lucky and have a nice location next to many shops and restaurants. We do our best to provide to every guest, and that is why we have such a large selection of breakfast choices and we are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy it. Thank you again for your kind words, we look forward to your travels to the area in the future!